How to get New Voter ID Card online in India?
Voting in India is a Constitutional right if one is a citizen over 18 years of age. Elections in India are one of the most challenging processes in the country’s democratic tradition for the sheer scale, size, diversity and complexity. To vote in any Indian election, you have to be on the Election Commission of India. It’s easy to register. To get enrolled in the voter list is your statutory right.
Why should I register to Vote?
India is the largest democracy in the world. Just as you have been told since our primary school, voting is an important right we have a duty to exercise. Registering to vote isn’t something most people think about outside of election time. If you don’t register, you can’t vote – it’s as simple as that. Many people don’t believe their vote will make any difference, but recent history has shown that elections can be decided by a handful of votes. If you don’t exercise the right to vote, you’ll be a hypocrite when you complain about politics. Across the world people have died fighting for the right to vote and to be part of a democracy. Voting is our chance to make a difference in our own lives and within the world. Learn about candidate’s views on issues that are important to you, and vote in support of your beliefs. By voting you are not only doing your part to influence the present, you are also affecting the future. Registering to vote doesn’t take long. Because it’s easier than you think. Your vote is your voice.
Eligibility to Vote: 18 years of age
Required Documents (Softcopies required for Online submission):
1. Latest Passport Sized Photograph
2. Age proof/Identity Proof (Any one of the following)
High School Certificate / SSLC Mark Sheet
3. Address proof (Any one of the following)
Telephone bill or Electricity bill
New Voter ID Card Online Application Form Submission Process
You have to register at Election Commission of India (ECI)’s Official Website. Here you need to submit your mobile number. You will receive Application ID instantly.
- You need to fill the following details.
- Name of the State
- Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency
- Name (With Documentary Proof)
- Date of Birth (With Documentary Proof)
- Place of Birth, Relation’s Name
- Place of Ordinary Residence
- Details of Family Members Already Included in the Electoral Roll
- Email ID & Mobile Number
- You have to upload the soft copies of required document proofs (mentioned above) and click submit button. You will receive a confirmation email.
- The Booth Level Officer(BLO) for your area shall visit you at the residence that you have given and Confirms that you actually reside at the address mentioned by you in Form-6 and Verifies your photograph with you in person.
- After your application has been accepted, your name and other details will be included in the Electoral Roll.
- The EPIC or Voter Identity Card for all the first time applicants whose applications have been accepted shall be handed over at your nearest ERO/EPIC Office.
- The Application ID may be preserved for knowing the application status.
- You can track your application using your nearest ERO official websites.