Top Commerce Institutes in India
We examined the most prestigious Commerce Colleges in India to find the best of the best.
1. Shri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi
LOCATION: Maurice Nagar, New Delhi
- Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), Delhi was established in 1920. SRCC is one of the first Commerce and Economics institutes of India.
- SRCC was initially a Commercial School. Later on in 1932, the college was converted into a degree college. In 1926, SRCC was affiliated to University of Delhi.
- SRCC is a specialized constituent college of the University of Delhi located in New Delhi, India.
- In 1932, the College was upgraded to the status of a degree College and started awarding its graduates the B.A. (Pass) (Commerce Group) degrees of the University.
- The B.A. (Honours) (Commerce Group) degrees were introduced in 1943.
- Closely on its heels, the same year saw the entry of M.A. (Economics) and in 1948 M.Com was introduced.
- In 1949, when the B.Com (Honours) Degree was instituted in the University of Delhi, teaching the course seemed to be natural task of the College.
- The B.A. (Honours) Economics was introduced in 1958.
Bachelor of Commerce Honours
Post Graduate Diploma in Global Business Operations
Bachelor of Arts in Economics Honours
Master of Commerce
Master of Arts in Economics
Department of Commerce
Department of Economics
Department of Mathematics
Department of English
Department of Hindi
Department of Political Science
Department of Computer Science
Department of Physical Education
- The Placement Cell of the college facilitates on campus recruitment by giving a common platform to students seeking jobs.
- It invites companies related to finance, human resources, marketing and other recruiters to be a part of the placement process at SRCC.
- Profiles that companies offer relate to articleship, management trainee, executives, research analyst etc.
- Since the inception of the placement cell in 1996-97, most of the students available for the final recruitment have got jobs through on campus interviews.
2. Lady Shri Ram College for Women (LSR), New Delhi
LOCATION: Lajpat Nagar-IV , New Delhi
CONTACT: 011 – 26434459
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women (LSR), New Delhi was established in 1956 and has long been recognized as a premier institution of higher learning for women in India.
- As a centre for academic excellence and achievement, the college is today one of the finest institutions for Social Sciences, Humanities and Commerce, while also offering a B.Sc. program in statistics.
- The aim of the institution was to provide access to higher education of quality to women.
- LSR is recognized as a centre of excellence that nurtures intellectual and academic striving, vibrant extracurricular activity, outreach initiatives and civic engagement.
- Acknowledged as one of the nation’s finest colleges, it sends out some of the brightest young people to the world of work and the best institutions of higher learning the world over.
- The vision of creating the college as a centre of academic and extracurricular achievement for women, of providing a context that emancipates the intellect and the spirit, of zealously guarding a space that develops critical thinking and rescues the imagination, has been actualized.
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Arts Honours in Economics
Bachelor of Arts Honours in English
Bachelor of Arts Honours in Hindi
Bachelor of Arts Honours in History
To Empower Women to Assume Leadership
To Develop Critical Thinkers and Concerned Citizens
To Contribute New Perspectives to the World of Knowledge
To Enhance Access and Inclusivity in Quality Education
To Sustain Democratic Spaces for Creative Explorations
To Provide a Context of Learning that Enhances Professionalism, Humanism and Social Responsibility
3. Loyola College, Chennai
LOCATION: Nungambakkam , Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Loyola College, Chennai was established in 1925 by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) with the primary objective of providing University
- Education in a Christian atmosphere for deserving Students, especially those belonging to the Catholic Community.
- Loyola College became autonomous in 1978. The College, however, continues to be affiliated to the University of Madras and is autonomous, with 18 departments (Arts, Sciences and Commerce) and 9 special Institutes offering more than 111 programs to over 10,000 students.
- NAAC re-accredited the college in 2006 and awarded A+ status.
- The aim of the college is to train young men and women of quality to be leaders in all walks of life, with the hope of playing a vital role in bringing about the desired changes for the betterment of the people of the country, more particularly of the dalits and other poorer and marginalized sections of society.
- UGC conferred the status of “College with potential for Excellence” on Loyola College since 2004 and 2010.
Student Counseling Centre
Centre for Women’s studies
Sports Pavilion & Gymnasium
Bachelor of Arts in Economics
Master of Commerce
Master of Science in Chemistry
Master of Science in Mathematics
Master of Science in Physics
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
- The primary aim of the College is to provide University education in a Christian atmosphere to deserving students, especially those belonging to the Catholic Christian Community.
- Although this college is meant primarily for Catholics, it does admit other students irrespective of their caste and creed.
- The college aims at training young men and women of quality to be leaders in all walks of life and serve their fellowmen with justice, truth and love.
- It is expected that this training would play a vital role in bringing about the desired change for the betterment of the people of our country, more particularly the poorer and marginalized sections of the society and especially dalits.
- Further it will foster an atmosphere of intellectual vigour and moral rectitude in which the young men and women of our country may find their fulfillment and achieve greatness as eminent men and women for others.
RESEARCH VISION AND STATERGY:
- Research contributes content to teaching. Any quality teaching draws on quality research.
- Keeping this in mind, Loyola College engages its faculty in sound research, by providing infrastructure and other support services
The following are the main objectives :
- To promote multidisciplinary research and education in arts, languages, commerce, social sciences, basic sciences and applied areas of sciences.
- To enhance the research capabilities of Loyola College by engaging faculty in research that integrates the education of a diverse population of students especially; the first generation learners and the underprivileged.
- To encourage and support socially relevant and need based research coupled with human values.
- To provide a rich intellectual environment for collaborative research among faculty and students from various departments.
- To develop research and educational collaborations with larger community, including industry, minority serving colleges and university, other universities and institutions of higher learning.
- To establish partnerships, collaborations and outreach that amplify the vision of Loyola College
4. St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
LOCATION: Mahapalika Marg , Mumbai , Maharashtra
CONTACT: 022 – 22620661
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai was established in 1869 and accredited by NAAC with A+ grade.
- It is an autonomous college under the University of Mumbai. The aim of the college is to promote human wisdom and also seek to accompany in faith, the men and women molded by the potent cultural forces inherent in the university as an institution.
- The college strives to form men and women who will build a more just and humane world.
- It strives for an intellectual endeavor that focuses on critical and creative thinking, with the aim of social transformation.
- The college makes a preferential option for the marginalized and it seeks to give an all round formation, inculcating both human and spiritual values.
- They seek to encourage competence, compassion and commitment which are the hallmarks of the human person.
- The college is dedicated to research, teaching and the various forms of cultural service, as the indispensable horizon and context for a genuine preservation, renewal and communication of knowledge and human values.
Chapel Cum Prayer Hall
St. Xavier’s Villa
Bachelor of Commerce
Bachelor of Arts
Master of Arts in Ancient Indian Culture
Master of Arts in History
Master of Arts in Islamic Studies
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
- St. Xavier’s College is an educational institution, which strives to form men and women who will build a more just and humane world.
- It strives for an intellectual endeavour that focuses on critical and creative thinking, with the aim of social transformation.
- The College makes a preferential option for the marginalised and it seeks to give an all round formation, inculcating both human and spiritual values.
- Competence, compassion and commitment are the hallmarks of the human person we seek to encourage.
- St. Xavier’s College is only a part of the vast educational efforts in India and throughout the world, of a group of Charitable Trusts called the “Jesuits”.
- At present this Organisation runs about 100 schools, 24 colleges, and innumerable non-formal and adult education centers in India.
Ancient Indian Culture
B.Sc. Information Technology
Inter Religious Studies
Lifesciences and Biochemistry
5. Christ University, Bangalore
LOCATION: Hosur Road , Bangalore, Karnataka
CONTACT: 080 – 40129100
- Christ University, Bangalore, formerly Christ College (Autonomous) affiliated to Bangalore University was established in 1969.
- It has the rare distinction of being the first institution in Karnataka to be accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) UGC for quality education.
- In 2004, UGC conferred Autonomy on the Institution.
- In 2005, it became the first College in South India to be reaccredited with A+ by NAAC. In 2008, the college declared it as Deemed to be University, in the name and style of Christ University.
- The college became the most preferred educational institution in the city of Bangalore within the first three decades.
- By the introduction of innovative and modern curriculum, insistence on academic discipline, imparting of holistic education and with the help of the creative and dedicated staff, Christ College has been continually rated among the top 10 educational institutions of the country.
- Christ University has 2 campuses one is situated in Hosur road and the other towards Mysore road.
- The main campus is eco-friendly, serene and provides peaceful environment to its students.
- It is deeply committed in upholding values system; it expects its students to conduct themselves in a worthy manner in their dress, demeanor and sense of discipline.
- Kengeri campus is a lush green land of 75 acres situated about 25 kilometers away from the main campus, 10 kilometers away from Bangalore University and 8 kilometers away from R V College of Engineering towards Mysore road.
Doctoral Programmes (PhD):
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Commerce
M Phil Programmes:
Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Commerce
Master of Commerce (MCom)
Bachelor of Commerce (Professional)
Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
Bachelor of Commerce (Finance & Accountancy)
Certificate Courses in Odd Semester:
Basics of Business Management
Certificate Courses in Even Semester:
Introduction to Accounting and Investment
The values which guide us at Christ University are:
Faith in God
Love of Fellow Beings
Pursuit of Excellence
6. Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
LOCATION: Ville Parle (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra,
CONTACT: 022 – 2614 3157 / 2614 6681
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai was established in 1964, is a leading college affiliated to Mumbai University.
- The College was established by Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM), a professionally managed trust with a large number of prestigious academic institutions, under its umbrella.
- SVKM is the brain child of leading industrialists and socially conscious philanthropists who wanted to contribute to the local area by founding educational institutions.
- The Mandal has an extensive local base with a large primary membership.
- The Status of NM as a minority institution for the Gujarati Linguistic Community is a significant achievement in providing access to students from the Gujarati Speaking Community to the most coveted college in the Commerce and Business Management Streams.
- Today, Narsee Monjee College is one of the leading colleges in the Commerce stream in Mumbai by assimilating to global development in education and adopting the technology.
Bachelor of Management Studies
Bachelor of Commerce
Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting and Finance
Master of Commerce
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- To be a vibrant and innovative centre for education, to equip students with knowledge and skills in their chosen stream, inculcate values, identify hidden talents, provide opportunities for students to realize their full potential and thus shape them into future leaders, entrepreneurs and above all good human beings.
GOALS AND MISSION:
- Contributing to society through promotion of teaching, learning and knowledge
- Being the leading college in the Commerce stream, in India, by assimilating global development in education and adopting the latest technology.
- Developing the personality of students in a holistic manner, by combining skills and values
- Providing state-of-the-art technology and facilities of global standard.
- Improving the quality of the community and national life by providing meaningful and effective social service.
- Equipping students to face the realities of life.
- Improving the standard of the courses offered through innovative and effective teaching methods and curriculum development.
- Developing new knowledge through research activities and dissemination of knowledge through publication of scholarly works.
- Attracting the best of professionals and able professors and retaining them by providing conducive and motivating work environment.
- Assisting other educational institutions in solving their managerial problems by providing consultation services.
- Participating in and contributing to the formulation of public policies.
- Providing and encouraging a global outlook and access to faculty and student’s development.
- Rendering assistance to the University and its institutions in curriculum development.
Strengthening the cultural fabric of the nation.
7. Symbiosis Society’s College of Arts & Commerce, Pune
LOCATION: Senapati Bapat Road , Pune, Maharashtra,
CONTACT: 020 – 25653903
- Symbiosis College of Arts & Commerce (SCAC), Pune was established in 1983, is one of the many branches of the ever growing Symbiosis Society.
- Excellence in academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, a trail blazing diploma program in Liberal Arts, accredited ‘A’ grade by NAAC, the Symbiosis College of Arts & Commerce has been intensely committed to quality education in Arts, Commerce & Computer Science for the past twenty five years.
- The college is affiliated to University of Pune and re-accredited by NAAC with an ‘A’ grade & CGPA score of 3.43.
- The College mission is to pursue knowledge through academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities and to develop the learner’s personality with a strong value base.
- They are committed to maintaining a balance between theory and practice.
- They endeavor to facilitate the learners to gain knowledge and experience, enabling them to achieve meaningful individual development and the well-being of society at large.
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Bachelor of Commerce
Master of Commerce
Mathematics & Statistics
VISION AND MISSION:
Symbiosis will be the preferred destination for all who aspire to excel.
- Our Mission is to pursue knowledge through academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities and to develop the learner’s personality with a strong value base.
- We are committed to maintaining a balance between theory and practice.
- We endeavor to facilitate the learners to gain knowledge and experience, enabling them to achieve meaningful individual development and the well-being of society at large.
- We offer programmes in all the three faculties of Arts, Science and Commerce under the umbrella of the University of Pune. Additionally we offer a 3-year Diploma in Liberal Arts, which is self-financed and autonomous.
The list of programmes is given below:
- Commerce Faculty: M.Com. and B.Com.
Arts Faculty: M.A. (under process) and B.A.
Science Faculty: B.Sc.
Liberal Arts: 3 year Diploma and Individual Certificate Courses
8. St. Joseph’s College of Commerce (Autonomous) (SJCC), Bangalore
LOCATION: Brigade Road , Bangalore, Karnataka
CONTACT: 080 – 25360644
- St. Joseph’s College of Commerce (Autonomous) (SJCC), Bangalore was bifurcated from St Joseph’s College of Business Administration in 1972.
- The college is an autonomous institution affiliated to Bangalore University.
- St. Joseph’s College of Commerce seeks to be the place where search for knowledge co-exist with sense of responsibility to the life of the community, where understanding is coupled with commitment, where academic excellence goes with the cultivation of virtue and where a community is formed which sustains men and women in their education and their conviction that life is only lived well when it is lived generously is the service of others.
Bachelor of Commerce
Bachelor of Business Management
Master of Commerce
Master of International Business
Post Gradaute Diploma in Finance
MISSION AND VISION:
- St. Joseph’s College Of Commerce seeks to be the place where the search for knowledge co-exists with a sense of responsibility to community life, where understanding is coupled with commitment, where academic excellence goes with the cultivation of virtue, and where a community is formed which sustains men and women in their education and their conviction that life is only lived well when it is lived generously for the service of others.
- Jesuit Education, inspired and motivated by the person and message of Jesus Christ, affirms
- That God is the author and sustainer of all reality and truth.
- That every human being is created in the image and likeness of God.
That the whole of creation and the human community are radically good.
Commitment to Justice
9. Hans Raj College, New Delhi
LOCATION: Malka Ganj , New Delhi
CONTACT: 011 – 27667747
- Hans Raj College, New Delhi was established in 1954.
- It is a constituent college of the University of Delhi and a premier institution of the DAV Managing Committee-the largest non-government educational organization of the country.
- The college offered preparatory courses in Arts and Sciences, BA in Sanskrit, Hindi, English and Mathematics.
- An honor in economics was added after some time.
- The post-graduate courses were also conducted in the university while the college only managed their tutorial schemes.
- Hans Raj College is a premier institution of the North Campus of Delhi University; the college is a centre of great attraction.
- The teaching community of the college is the greatest asset of the college.
- The faculty members have made significant contribution not only to the corporate life of the college but also shaped the academic, social and cultural life of the nation.
Physics and Electronics
LOCATION: Tambaram , Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Madras Christian College has entered into the 175th year of glorious service to the Nation.
- Founded as a School in 1837 in the black town of Madras, the Institution was built and its character shaped by a host of Scottish missionaries such as Anderson and Miller, Hogg and Boyd.
- Many dedicated Indian teachers as well as generations of brilliant students contribute to its success story.
- Leaving their legacy behind is a galaxy of illustrious alumni like President Radhakrishnan.
- Such was the stature of the Institution that Mahatma Gandhi agreed to chair a student session in its premises in George Town in 1916, while Billy Graham spoke in the famous Anderson Hall in Tambaram in 1956.
- The College is known as much for its academic standing and leadership building as it is for social commitment.
- Besides, the unseen touch of the Almighty has always been felt and spoken of by generations of students and teachers.
- Today the College has more than 5000 students (both ladies and gentlemen as they are traditionally called) and over 220 faculty members serving in 31 departments.
- The Madras Christian College with the inspiration of the love of God, offers to people of all communities education of the whole person which is congruous with God’s revelation in Christ of the true nature of humanity, and is appropriate to the needs of India and the world.
GOVT. AIDED COURSES
Plant Biology & Plant Biotechnology
SELF FINANCED COURSES
Business Administration (BBA)
Computer Science [BCA]
Computer Science [MCA]
Marine Studies and Coastal Resource Management
Geography, Tourism & Travel Management
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF ALUMNI:
- The goals and objectives of the alumni association are contained in the constitution of the Alumni Association adopted in 1963 as its purposes:
- To foster and perpetuate friendship and cooperation among the alumni through Publications
- Central, regional and local alumni associations
- Small informal group meetings of alumni
- Visits of the members of the faculty and administration of the College to alumni centres
- Maintaining an active alumni head quarters on the College campus
- Organizing reunions on the College campus or other places
- Celebrations in alumni centres
- To further the social, literary and cultural interests of the alumni and alumnae through the publication of articles, through functions and meetings of the associations, and in other ways.