List of Polytechnic Colleges in Delhi
- Ambedkar Polytechnic was Established in 1986 by the Department of Training & Technical Education (D.T.T.E.), Govt. of N.C.T. of Delhi.
- Initially it shared its campus with the Pusa Polytechnic and on 6th Dec. 1996, it was shifted at its present location in Shakarpur, Delhi.
- Till 2005 Mechanical Engineering was also a part of the courses studied at Ambedkar Polytechnic.
- At present, the different departments are Computer Engg., Electronics Engg., I & C Engg. and I.T.E.S.M.
Address: Patpar Ganj Road (Opposite Madhuban), Shakarpur. Delhi
Awarded as the Best Polytechnic award from N.I.T.T.T.R Chandigarh 18th November for the year 2007.
Year Founded: 1986
- Aryabhat Polytechnic is a premier Co-Ed. Polytechnic under the Department of Technical Education, Govt. of Delhi.
- The Polytechnic was established in year 1962, and is located in a spacious campus on G.T. Karnal and hence is well connected by buses and easily accessible.
- The Polytechnic offers six full time Diploma courses in generic branches of engineering i.e. Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, as well as in emerging areas of technology i.e. Mechanical & Maintenance, Architecture and Garment Fabrication Technology.
- The polytechnic is also running three Part Time Evening Diploma course in Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engg for working personnel, under Continuing Education Programs.
It has a student strength of about 1500.
Address: G.T.K Road, Delhi
Year Founded: 1962
- Abhigyan Women’s Polytechnic is working autonomously for Vocational Courses Literacy Mission of Govt. of India for promotion of Vocational Courses in India.
- We are helping career ambitious women to adopt a path of one of the best career in the world.
- The society has been instituted by a set of highly experienced Vocational Professionals and women with a clear vision to promote the professional Job/Freelance/Self-Employed oriented high quality Vocational Courses and Education in India.
- Abhigyan Women’s Polytechnic is an organization which has been making efforts to provide knowledge to each and every woman through “Vocational Courses Program” in India.
- The aim of this scheme is to make each and every woman of the family, Vocational Courses literate.
Address: 503, 5th Floor, Aggarwal Prestige Mall, Near M2K, Rani Bagh, Pitampura, New Delhi
Bhai Parmanand Institute of Business Studies
- Bhai Parmanand Institute of Business Studies is a Technical Institute promoted by Government of Delhi in 1986 by naming after Bhai Parmanand, a famous Sikh Martyr from Punjab and functioning under the
- Department of Training and Technical Education, Government of NCT of Delhi, has set a new benchmark in the Technical Education in India.
- The institute housed in spacious buildings at a DDA plot.
- The Institute has been Initially, this Institute was established as a unit under polytechnic of technical education department in 1965.
- Later this Institute attained independent identity as “Institute of Commercial Practice” in the year 1972.
- The Institute has been contributing to train the youngsters in vocational-cum-job oriented courses in the stream of management, Secretarial Practice and Entrepreneurship Development.
- Delhi Government has announced of developing this Institute as a Model Post Graduate Institute.
Address: Patparganj Rd, Shakarpur Extension New Delhi
Year Founded: 1965
Chhoto Ram Rural Institute of Technology
- The institute boasts of an enviable infrastructure spanned across 8 Acres of Land where students work seamlessly in an environment, facilitated by a state of the art Laboratories for different Area of specialization, an exhaustive library with a growing collection of books, periodicals and CD ROMs.
- The Library is the main resource center of the Institute and has a fast growing collection over 18000 select titles in management and related areas to cater academic and research needs of the users Faculty & Students.
- The Trust also has an Exhibition Block for Rural Technology, a library-cum-reading room exclusively, for those undertaking research on Jats.
- Playgrounds, indoor facilities for extra-curricular activities as well as a good horticulture nursery and a park.
Address: Kanjhawala, Delhi
Father Agnel Polytechnic
- The Fr. Agnel Polytechnic, Gautam Nagar, New Delhi was established in the year 1994 by Agnel Ashram Fathers.
- Agnel Charities under whose management and control the polytechnic runs believe in the principles of social justice and secularism and work for an integrated rational, egalitarian and caring society.
- All the Agnel institutions are open to one and all regardless of caste, creed or social status.
- The students are, therefore, made not only to acquire technical competencies but also inculcate discipline, moral values and respect for others.
- The polytechnic is approved by AICTE and affiliated to the Board of Technical education, New Delhi
- Class Rooms
Address: Gautam Nagar, New Delhi
Year Founded: 1994
Guru Nanak Dev Polytechnic
- Guru Nanak Dev Polytechnic (GNDP), Delhi is an unique polytechnic that will not only guide in choosing the right career, but also provide the right education that will get the aspirants the job with a variety of courses in subjects such as NTT, PTT, fashion designing and running a variety of professional and vocational courses.
- The institution awards its own diploma and certificates for courses.
- GNDP believes the future is in the hands of the truly creative people, who dare to dream the inconceivable, who dare to imagine the impossible.
- They endeavor to provide high quality education that will be relevant in the work place.
- Placement Cell
Address: 9, Hargovind Enclave, (Vikas Marg Extn.),Opp. Shanti Mukund Hospital, New Delhi
International Polytechnic for Women
- The Educational Society of Professionals & Vocationals was formed by like minded educationists, philanthropists & public spirited persons, dedicated to bringing about socio-economic transformation.
- It is registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860.
- The Polytechnic is equipped with the latest types of equipments, machinery, gadgets & innovations. Education is imparted to compact groups of students.
- The institute awards its own certificates & diplomas for courses which are not affiliated to other Academic institutions like Board of Technical Education, A.I.C.T.E., U.G.C. etc.
Address: A-3 Ring Road, South Ext Part-1, New Delhi.
Kasturba Polytechnic For Women
- Kasturba Polytechnic for Women is the second Government Polytechnic exclusively for women.
- It was established in the year 1986 to encourage women to effectively contribute towards economic development.
- Kasturba Polytechnic offers full-time diploma courses in hi-tech and emerging areas of technology.
- Kasturba Polytechnic for Women, under the Department of Training and Technical Education, is the second Government Polytechnic established exclusively for women in the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- It was originally set up in 1986-87 with the approval of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) as a guest institute in the Meerabai Polytechnic Campus at Maharani Bagh.
- The Polytechnic shifted to its own spacious double storeyed building in 1997.
Address: Prem Bari Pul, (Near T.V. Tower), Pitam Pura, Delhi
Maharaja Surajmal Institute Of Technology
- This AICTE approved Institute under GGSIP University is ideally located in the Institutional area of Janakpuri, New Delhi.
- It has a campus spread over eight acres of land with beautiful eco-friendly surroundings.
- The institute has a well qualified and experienced faculty.
- The most contemporary teaching methodology at MSIT provides ample opportunity for students to develop into all round professionals by keeping abreast of the ever changing technologies.
- The infrastructure consists of well lit lecture halls, fully furnished labs, seminar halls, staff rooms, a large size play ground etc.
- For the fresh students there are well equipped labs for ‘Applied Sciences’, ‘Applied Mechanics’ and ‘Electrical Engg. Lab’ in addition to a well established ‘Workshop’ and a well lit ‘Drawing Hall’.
Year Founded: 1999
Address: Lal Sain Mandir Marg, Janakpuri New Delhi
Meera Bai Polytechnic for Women
- The Polytechnic was established on 10th September 1962 as Women’s Polytechnic at Dayal Singh Library, ITO with the objective to train technical man power to meet the need of the state and to make young women to become self dependant by achieving professional qualification and to be world class citizen.
- The institute again shifted to the present location, Maharani Bagh in 1973.
- It was renamed as Meerabai Polytechnic in 1994.
- The institute was awarded Best Polytechnic of Delhi by NITTTR, Chandigarh in 2005.
- The institute was rechristened as Meerabai Institute of Technology in 2010.
Address: Maharani Bagh,New Delhi
Year Founded: 1962
- Inderprastha Polytechnic was developed by a group of professionals dedicated towards the upliftment of unprivileged sections of the society.
- This college is one of the pioneer educational organization institute established by “ADVAIT SHIKSHA AIWAM MANAV KALYAN SAMITI”, a philanthropic and educational society (REGD), engaged in welfare of the students specially from the unprivileged sections of the society.
- The college is managed by a team of highly qualified educationalists and professionals with a vision to impart quality education in the field of technology and engineering.
Address: B-11, PRASHANT VIHAR ,ROHINI, NEW DELHI