List of Medical Colleges in Delhi
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
- AIIMS was created in 1956 to serve as a nucleus for nurturing excellence in all aspects of health care.
- Creating a country imbued with a scientific culture was Jawaharlal Nehru’s dream, and immediately after independence he prepared a grand design to achieve it.
- Among the temples of modern India which he designed, was a centre of excellence in the medical sciences.
- Nehru’s dream was that such a centre would set the pace for medical education and research in Southeast Asia , and in this he had the wholehearted support of his Health Minister, Rajkumari Amrit Kaur.
Address: Ansari Nagar, New Delhi
Year Founded: 1956
Baba Haridas College of Pharmacy and Technology
- Baba Haridas College Of Pharmacy and Technology (BHCPT), New Delhi was established in 1994 Panipat.
- The College is affiliated to University of Delhi.
- The college is approved by Pharmacy Council of India(PCI).
- The college is situated in lush green and serene atmosphere near Najafgarh and CRPF center away from cacophonous and polluted environment of the city.
- The college is well connected to different parts of the city.
- The aim of the college to impart Technical education and job opportunities to people from all sections of the society.
- The institute believes in the philosophy of moral and ethical education in addition to technical education so as to produce not only well competent technocrats but also civilised and responsible citizens.
- Badminton court
- Indoor games
Address: Jaroda Kalan, Delhi
Year Founded: 1994
Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Science & Research
- The Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research (DIPSAR), originally established as Department of pharmacy at Kashmiri Gate Polytechnic in 1964 is one of the departments of Directorate of Training and Technical Education.
- In 1972, the department was later on shifted to Pusa Institute and then in 1979, to present lush green of 10.5 acres campus at Pushp Vihar, New Delhi.
- From College of Pharmacy it was upgraded and now emerged as Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research (DIPSAR) vide gazette notification of July 2004, under Department of Training and Technical Education, GNCT of Delhi affiliated to University of Delhi.
Address: Pushp Vihar, Sector-3, New Delhi
- The Jamia Hamdard begins with the establishment of a small Unani clinic in the year 1906 by Hakeem Hafiz Abdul Majeed, one of the well-known practitioners of Unani System of Medicine of his time.
- Hakeem Hafiz Abdul Majeed had a vision of making the practice of Unani Medicine into a scientific discipline so that Unani medicines could be dispensed in a more efficacious manner to patients.
- He gave the name “Hamdard” to his venture which means “sympathy for all and sharing of pain”.
- His illustrious son, Hakeem Abdul Hameed, carried forward the philosophy and objectives of Hamdard in independent India.
Address: Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi
Year Founded: 1906
Lady Hardinge Medical College
- Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC) is a Medical College for women located near Connaught Place in New Delhi, India.
- Established in 1916, it became part of the Delhi University, Faculty of Medical Sciences in 1950.
- For the teaching and training of medical students, it has two hospitals, Smt. Sucheta Kriplani Hospital, and Kalawati Saran Child Hospital with bed strength of 877 and 350 respectively.
Address: Connaught Place New Delhi
Year Founded: 1916
Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Pharmacy & Technology
- Maharaja Surajmal Institute is a self-financing, quality conscious and trend setting Institute with focus on providing equal opportunities for development of human potentials for every segment of society including the differentiated one.
- The MSI is a venture of its own kind where academics and professionals have joined hands to aid and direct the agenda of education.
- The Institute, situated in the heart of Janakpuri is spread over about 8 acres of land and has best of Infrastructure and academic facilities with highly qualified and experienced staff and state of the art computer labs.
Address: C-4 Janakpuri, New Delhi
Maulana Azad Medical College
- The Maulana Azad Medical College is situated in the capital city of Delhi.
- It straddles the historic old city of Delhi on one side and the more modern Lutyen’s Delhi on the other.
- The sprawling campus includes the college and three of its major associated hospitals namely Lok Nayak Hospital and GB Pant Hospital and the Guru Nanak Eye Centre.
- This institution is named after the great patriot and educationist, Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad and has been in existence since 1959.
Address: Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg , New Delhi
Year Founded: 1959
Nehru Homeopathic College
- Nehru Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital is an institution with attached hospital functioning under the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- NHMC&H is located in Defence Colony in New Delhi and provides homoeopathic medical education and health facilities.
- The College has one of the finest libraries with an impressive collection of medical literature.
- The library is air-conditioned and it has adequate reading rooms for undergraduate and postgraduate students where they can study.
Address: Defence Colony, New Delhi
Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for the Physically Handicapped
- Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute for the Physically Handicapped is an autonomous organization under the administrative and financial control of Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India.
- The Institute for the Physically Handicapped came into being when the erstwhile Jawahar Lal Nehru Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and other allied institution run by the council for the Aid of crippled & handicapped were taken over by the Government of India on 22nd May 1975 and converted into an autonomous body in the year 1976.
- It was renamed after Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya in the year 2002.
Address: 4, Vishnu Digamber Marg, New Delhi
Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing
- The Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing is a pioneer institute for nursing education in India and South East Asian region offering basic and higher education programmes.
- It is controlled financially by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and academically affiliated to University of Delhi as Department of Nursing under faculty of science.
- The primary objective of the College is to provide and promote education and research in the field of nursing.
Address: Lajpat Nagar -4, New Delhi
Year Founded: 1946
University College of Medical Science
- The University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS) was established in 1971 as a Constituent College of University of Delhi.
- It imparts various medical and paramedical courses. Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital is the associated teaching hospital with 1000 beds.
- UCMS is known for its quality research and has a National ranking of 7th based on the number of publications in PubMed indexed journals.
- Lecture Theatres
- Central Workshop
- Animal House
- Hospital Laboratory Services
- Medical Illustration and Photography Unit
- Medical Education Unit
- Skill Laboratory
- Central Research Laboratory
- Dialysis Unit
Address: Dilshad Garden, Shahdara, Delhi
Year Founded: 1971
Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute
- The Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute (VPCI) is a unique postgraduate medical institution devoted to research, teaching and patient care in the field of chest diseases.
- It is a University of Delhi maintained institution and is funded entirely by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
- The Institute is ideally located in the heart of the main campus of the University of Delhi, providing the requisite academic environment.
- The Institute fulfills the national need for providing relief to large number of patients in the community suffering from Chest Diseases.
- It has eminently discharged its role and has earned a unique place in the field of Chest Medicine.
Address: University of Delhi, P.O. Box No. 2101, Delhi
Year Founded: 1949
Vardhaman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital
- Safdarjung Hospital was founded in 1942 during the Second World War as a Base Hospital for the allied forces.
- It was taken over by the Govt. of India in 1954 under the Ministry of Health.
- It has grown over the years into one of the largest, tertiary, level multi-disciplinary healthcare institutions in this part of the World.
- Based on the needs and developments in Medical Care, the hospital has been regularly upgrading its facilities from diagnostic and therapeutic aspects in all the specialities.
- The hospital provides medical care to millions of citizens not only of Delhi and the neighbouring states but also to people of neighbouring countries.
Address: Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
Year Founded: 1942
Subramania Bharati College of Science & Technology
- SBCST came into existence in the year 1992 under the imperatives of MR. Rafi Lal as a flagship Institute at Holambi Khurd, is today metamorphosed into one of the foremost in self financing institute in the field of allied health science management, law, & computer science.
- The course is duly affiliated with Directorate of Training and Technical Education and Board of Technical Education, (Govt. of NCT of Delhi), Muni Maya Ram Marg, Pitampura, Delhi 110088 and is approved by respective councils.
- Within a span of more than 19 years the institute has developed itself as a centre of excellence in every field with state of art amenities for academic growth of students.
Address: Holambi Khurd Delhi
Year Founded: 1992