India is a nation, which is considered to be youngest in its demographics. We have about 550 million youth in the nation and about 200 million are registered electorates. In the future, the number of youth voters and their relative share will only grow progressively. In this scenario, it is paramount for the efficiency of the democracy to ensure that these youth are an integral and vibrant part of the democratic participation. During the last six decades, India has witnessed a change in both quality and quantity of operations in the election process. The voting process has moved from the balloting system to marking system and then gradually to the present system based on electronic voting machines.
Why should you vote?
Youth want to see elected members as their role models in performance in the Parliament or State Assembly, and also in their way of leading the life with integrity and succeeding with integrity. But, If you don’t exercise the right to vote, you’ll be a hypocrite when you complain about politics. Your vote is your voice. Voting is our chance to make a difference in our own lives and within the world.
- Must be a citizen of India
- 18 years of age or above
- Ordinarily resident in Delhi. This includes a student in a University, Institute
- Not disqualified to be voter e.g. not of unsound mind etc.
Required Documents (Softcopies required for online submission):
Latest Passport Sized Photograph
Address proof (You can choose any one of the following)
- Bank / Kisan / Post Office current Pass Book
- Ration Card / Passport / Driving license / Income Tax Return filed
- Latest Water / Telephone / Electricity / Gas Connection Bill for that address, either in the name of the applicant or that of his / her immediate relation like parents
Age proof (You can choose any one of the following)
- High School Certificate / SSLC Mark Sheet
- Birth Certificate
- Driving License
- Passport/PAN Card
There are three ways of applying for Voter ID Card
- Voter ID Card Online Application
- Download Form 6 and submit it by Post/Personally at VREC Office
Method-1: Voter ID Card Online Application: How to apply for Voter ID Card online?
- You have to create a new user name and password by signing up at Chief Electoral Officer (CEO)’s Official Website.
- You need to fill the details like Name, Address, City, State, Pincode, Mobile No., Occupation, Email id, preferred User ID and Password.
- After successfully creating an account, click here to login with your new user ID and password.
- You need to upload the soft copies of required document proofs (mentioned above) along with your Photograph in the space mentioned in the Form and submit.
- The Booth Level Officer for your area shall visit you at the residence that you have given and Confirms that you actually reside at the address mentioned by you in Form-6 and Verifies your photograph with you in person.
- After your application has been accepted, your name and other details will be included in the Electoral Roll.
- The EPIC or Voter Identity Card for all the first time applicants whose applications have been accepted shall be handed over at your nearest ERO/EPIC Office.
- The Application ID can be preserved for knowing the application status.
Method-2: Download Form 6 and submit it by Post/Personally at VREC Office
- You can take the print out the below form, fill it, and stick one passport size photograph on the space given.
- You need to attach required documents as mentioned above, sign and submit at your nearest VREC of your Assembly Constituency. Click here to know your Assembly Constituency
Voter ID Application Status
The Application ID can be preserved for knowing the application status
|01-NARELA||BDO Office Complex, Alipur, Delhi- 110036|
|2-BURARI||Delhi Jal Board Office Near Transport Authority, Sant Nagar, Burari, Delhi- 110084|
|3-TIMARPUR||Old Super Bazar Building, Delhi Admn. Flats Timarpur, Delhi|
|4-ADARSH NGR.||FSO Office Circle-62, Ground Floor, Night Shelter, Sarai Peepal, Thala, Delhi – 110033|
|05-BADLI||Admn. Block, Old Fire Station Building, Badli, Industrial Area, Delhi|
|06-RITHALA||Multipurpose Community Centre, Prehlad Pur Banger, Delhi – 110042 27822109|
|07-BAWANA||Vacant Office of the DC (North-West), Complex, Kanjhawala, Delhi – 110081 25951190|
|08-MUNDKA||Community Centre, Kanjhawala Chowk, Kaajhawala, Delhi – 110081 25954446|
|09-KIRARI||Multi Purpose Community Center (MPCC), Village Mubarak Pur, Dabas, Near Bus Terminal, Delhi – 110086|
|10-SULTANPUR||Shivaji Sports Complex, JJ & Slum, C-Block, Sultan Puri, New DTC, Terminal, Delhi – 110086|
|11-NANGLOI JAT||Patwar Ghar, Najafgarh Road, Delhi -110041|
|12-MANGOL PURI||Community Hall, A-Block, Kala Mandir Cinema Road, Mangolpuri, Delhi – 110083|
|13-ROHINI||Admn. Block, Old Fire Station Building, Badli, Industrial Area, Delhi – 110042|
|14-SHALIMAR BAGH||Recreation Centre, U&V Block, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi – 110088|
|15-SHAKUR BASTI||Govt. Boys Sr. Sec. School, Rani Bagh, Delhi -110034|
|16-TRI NAGAR||Community Centre, MCD (CSD), K- Block, Sandesh Vihar, Rani Bagh, Delhi – 110034|
|17-WAZIRPUR S||Community Centre Labour Welfare Centre, Nimri Colony, Delhi – 110052|
|18-MODEL TOWN||Arya Bhatt Polytechnic, Near Shakti Nagar Telephone Exchange, G.T.Karnal Road, Delhi – 110033|
|19-SADAR BAZAR||7, Kalidas Marg, Gulabi Bagh, Delhi- 110007|
|20-CHANDNI CHOWK||Sarai Phoos, DDA Colony, Tis Hazari, Delhi – 110006|
|21-MATIA MAHAL||MCD Primary School, Shankar Gali, Asif Ali Road, Delhi – 110002|
|22-BALLIMARAN||Slum & JJ Centre, Lahori Gate, Delhi – 110006|
|23-KAROL BAGH||Tibbia college, Karol Bagh, New Delhi – 110005|
|24-PATEL NAGAR||Block-B, JJ & Slum, Community Centre, Ranjeet Nagar, Delhi -110008|
|25-MOTI NAGAR||Room No.14 &15, F Block, Labour Office, Karam Pura, Delhi – 110015|
|26-MADIPUR||Community Centre, Old Slum Quarters, Madipur, New Delhi – 110063|
|27-RAJOURI GDN.||Basti Vikas Kendra, Baba Ramdev Road, No.29, HMP Colony, Raghubir Nagar, New Delhi – 110027|
|28-HARI NAGAR||Flat No.14A, DA – Block, Hari Nagar, New Delhi –110064|
|29-TILAK NAGAR||Multipurpose Community Centre, Block-12, Tilak Nagar, New Delhi – 110018|
|30-JANAKPURI||“ TRUSS ”, MCD Works Store, C-2B, Janak Puri , New Delhi – 110058|
|31-VIKASPURI||Block -KG-1, Vikas Puri , Delhi – 110018|
|32-UTTAM NAGAR||MPCC, Development Department, Bindapur, Uttam Nagar, New Delhi – 110059|
|33-DWARKA||Community Centre/Chaupal, H-Block, Harijan Basti, Sagarpur, New Delhi – 110046|
|34-MATIALA||MCD Barat Ghar/Community Centre, Kakrola Housing Complex, Old Palam Road, New Delhi – 110078|
|35-NAJAFGARH||SDM Office Complex, Najafgarh, New Delhi – 110043|
|36-BIJWASAN||Main Hall, Animal Husbandry Hospital, Bijwasan, New Delhi – 110077|
|37-PALAM||Community Centre, Slum & JJ (MCD) JJ Colony, Sector-I, Dwarka, New Delhi – 110075|
|38-DELHI CANTT||Ground Floor, Employment Exchange Building, Kirbi Place, New Delhi – 110010|
|39-RAJINDER NG.||Opposite ITI Hostel Mess, Near Food & Supply Office, Pusa, New Delhi – 110012|
|40-NEW DELHI||13/2, Jam Nagar House, New Delhi – 110011|
|41-JANGPURA||Jal Vihar FSO Office complex Latpat Nagar II, New Delhi – 110024|
|42-KASTURBA N||MCD Unused School Lajpat Nagar III, New Delhi – 110024|
|43-MALVIYA NGR.||Humaunpur Barat Ghar, Opp. Chota Gurudwara Safderjung Enclave, Krishna Nagar, New Delhi – 110029|
|44.R.K.PURAM||MCD Community Centre, Sector-3, R.K.Puram, New Delhi – 110022|
|45-MEHRAULI||Vocational Training Center, Near Qutub Minar Bus Stand, Mehrauli, New Delhi – 110030|
|46-CHHATARPUR||Old DESU Building, Near Dena Bank, Chhatarpur, New Delhi-110074|
|47-DEOLI||Old Police Chowki, Sector -4, Pushp Vihar New Delhi-110017|
|48-AMBEDKAR NAGAR||Community Centre, RPS Colony, Khanpur, Opp.DTC Bus Depot, New Delhi – 110062|
|49-SANGAM VIHAR||37, Institutional Area , Tuglakabad , New Delhi – 110062 (SDM Office Kalkaji)|
|50-GREATER KAILASH||Jal Board work centre, Chiragh Delhi, New Delhi- 110017|
|51-KALKAJI||Dr. Hedgewarkar Old Aged Centre, B Block, Near Deshbandhu College, Kalkaji, New Delhi- 110019|
|52-TUGHLAKABAD||37, Institutional Area , Tuglakabad, New Delhi – 110062 (SDM Office Kalkaji) Basement|
|53-BADARPUR||Multi Purpose Community Centre, Meethapur Village, New Delhi – 110044|
|54-OKHLA||Office fo the Assistant Warden, Animal Husbandry & Fisheries Department, Okhla, New Delhi – 110025|
|55-TRILOKPURI||Bal Vikas Kendra J. J. Slum Building, Block-B2, Trilokpuri, Delhi – 110091|
|56-KONDLI||Multipurpose Community Centre Kalyan Puri, Delhi – 110091|
|57-PATPARGANJ||Fire Station Building, Mandawali. Delhi – 110092|
|58-LAXMI NGR||Room No. 2,3,4 & 5 B-Block, DC Office Complex., Shastri Nagar, Delhi – 110031|
|59-VISHWAS NGR||UTCS Building, Vishwas Nagar, Shahdara, Delhi – 110032|
|60-KRISHNA NGR||M.C.D Community Centre, West Azad Nagar, Delhi – 110051|
|61-GANDHI NGR.||Community Centre, Mini Stadium Rajeev Gandhi Park, Rajgarh Colony, Delhi – 110031|
|62-SHAHDARA||Community Centre, Jhilmil Colony, Delhi – 110095|
|63-SEEMA PURI||DC Office Complex, Nand Nagri, Delhi – 110093|
|64-ROHTAS NAGAR||Community Centre (MCD), Ashok Nagar, Delhi – 110093|
|65-SEELAMPUR||Office of the SDM (Seelampur) Complex, Delhi – 110053|
|66-GHONDA||Community Centre, X- Block, Brahampuri, Delhi – 110053|
|67-BABARPUR||Balbir Nagar Loni Road Opposite Arawachin Public School Shahdara , Delhi – 110032|
|68-GOKALPUR||A-3, Community Centre, Nand Nagri, Delhi – 110093|
|69-MUSTAFABAD||Panchyat Ghar Village Sadatpur, Delhi – 110094|
|70-KARAWAL NAGAR||Village Biharipur, Near Pushpanjali School Opposite Delhi Police Training School, Delhi – 110094|