Simple Steps to apply for Fresh Passport in Delhi
An Indian passport is a document, issued to citizens of India by Ministry of External Affairs (Government of India), which certifies the identity and nationality of its holder for the purpose of international travel.
Do you want to apply for a fresh passport in Delhi but do not know how to start? Our Indian Ministry of External Affairs, with committed, trained and motivated workforce, delivers passport services to citizens in a timely, transparent, more accessible, reliable manner and in a comfortable environment through streamlined processes. Please follow the below procedure to get a Fresh passport.
- First, you need to register in Passport Seva Portal. Click here to Register . In the Given Name text box, Please enter your First name and Middle Name without any Initials and honorifics (e.g. Dr.,Col.,etc.). Note: Please enter your Surname only in Surname text box.
- After registration, you can login here using your User ID & Password.
- You need to select “Apply for Fresh Passport” if you have never possessed for a passport earlier. If you are re-applying for passport for the reasons like Changes in your particulars /Lost/Validity Expired, you can select “Reissue of Passport “.
- After that, you have to fill the necessary details in the form and submit. The information which you are providing in the form will be printed in the passport. Therefore, please be careful while filling up the form and without any mistakes.
- After submitting your application form, click on the link “Manage Appointment” at Applicant Home page to book the appointment at Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) as per available slots. In case, if you are not able to get appointment as per your availability, you can revisit the website to check and take appointment again.
- You will receive an appointment slip. You need to take the printout of that Application Reference Number (ARN).
- As per the schedule, you need to visit Passport Seva Kendra where appointment has been fixed with Application Reference Number (ARN) and all required documents.
Documents Required for Submission:
Proof of Address (Any one of the following)
- Aadhaar Card
- Ration card
- Voter ID
- Water bill
- Electricity bill
- Gas connection Bill
- Income tax/Bank account Statement
Proof of Date of Birth (Any one of the following)
- Certificate from any Educational institute
- Birth certificate
Where to submit:
As per the appointment time, you have to visit Passport Seva Kendra where appointment has been taken with Application Reference Number (ARN) and all necessary documents.
The Passport & Related application Fee Calculator:
Time taken to get passport:
Min. 25 days to get a regular passport.
Status of Passport Application:
You can track the status of your application by calling at call centre at 1800-258-1800 or by using the below link. You need to provide your File Number & Date of Birth to track your application status.
Be careful with Touts/Agents:
Getting a Passport is not down to an agent, but more to do with you the applicant. If you have all the suitable document proofs, you don’t need an agent at all and save your money by going through official Passport website (www.passportindia.gov.in). Members of the public are advised to desist from dealing with touts / agents who may be charging exorbitantly for their service and further, may be making false promises about arranging assured urgent appointment or faster passport service delivery. After the launch of Passport Seva Kendras, the appointments are available to general public through the website. Alternatively, certain categories of applicants are allowed to walk-in without appointment, details of which are available on the official Passport website (www.passportindia.gov.in). This article was originally a post by BangaloreCircle