List of Top Tyre Manufacturers in India
1. MRF Tyres
- MRF is recognized for its drive towards continuous quality improvement and customer satisfaction.
- It has won the JD Power award not once but 10 times till date.
- It has also won the TNS and CAPEXIL awards for being voted as the most trusted tyre company in India.
- MRF Ranks highest in overall customer satisfaction for a 5th consecutive year, according to JD Power Asia Pacific 2014
- MRF, the 15th largest tyre company in the world, has been honoured by J.D. Power with a Special Recognition Award for continued outstanding performance.
- Begun as a balloon factory with an initial funding of Rs 14,000 in the 1940s, MRF is today one of the leading tyre manufacturers in the country with a market capitalisation in excess of Rs 8000 crore.
- The MRF stock has been one of the best performing stocks in the domestic tyre industry with manifold returns over the past five years.
- FORD WORLD EXCELLENCE AWARDS – MRF won the silver award and is the only Indian company to win this excellence award.
- J D POWER ASIA PACIFIC- MRF won the award for customer satisfaction not once but 11 times till date.
- TNS – MRF voted the “Most Trusted” Tyre company in India by TNS 2006 global CSR study
- CAPEXIL – MRF won the award for exports.
TYRES AND SERVICES – T&S :
- MRF T&S is a one stop shop for a unique tyre shopping experience. An experience that’s fun and enjoyable for the whole family.
T&S stocks the entire range of MRF tyres and is equipped to provide services of computerised wheel alignment, wheel balancing and tyre changing.
- It is an answer to the increasing number of world-class cars which are cruising on Indian roads.
- Customers shop for tyres and wheel related services in air conditioned comforts.
- Each T&S facility has an exclusive corner where customers can unwind over a cup of hot coffee as they wait.
- The technicians at MRF T&S are trained at the MRF Tyredrome. Currently, there are 200 T&S franchisees across the country and many more springing up each day.
HEAD QUARTERS: Chennai
YEAR FOUNDED: 1946
EMPLOYEES: 15,494 (2011)
REVENUE: 13054 crore (US$2.1 billion) (2012)
2. Apollo Tyres
- Apollo Tyres Ltd, with its corporate headquarters in Gurgaon, India, is in the business of manufacture and sale of tyres since its inception in 1972.
- Over the years, the company has grown manifold, establishing its footprint across the globe.
- The company has manufacturing presence in Asia, Europe and Africa, with 8 modern tyre facilities and exports to over 100 countries.
- Powered by its key brands — Apollo and Vredestein, the company offers a comprehensive product portfolio spread across passenger car, light truck, truck-bus, off highway and bicycle tyres, retreading material and retreaded tyres.
- At the end of its financial year on March 31, 2013, Apollo Tyres had clocked a turnover of US$ 2.34 billion, backed by a global workforce of approximately 16000 employees.
- Apollo Tyres Ltd is traded in India on the Bombay, National and Kochi Stock Exchanges, with 56.5% of shares held by the public, government entities, banks and financial institutions as on September 30, 2013.
APPOLO TYRE BRANDS:
- Driven by attention to safety, Apollo tyres are manufactured in India and are available across almost all categories, including commercial and passenger vehicles, farm and industrial.
- The core idea behind brand Apollo is safety. At all times Apollo is willing to travel that extra mile to deliver what its stakeholders need.
- Apollo enables individuals to maximise their own potential, as reflected in its tagline “go the distance”.
- Apollo tyres, manufactured in India, are available across almost all categories, including commercial and passenger vehicles, farm and industrial.
- Brand Apollo Tyres’ genesis dates back to the mid 1970s, when the first corporate identity was unveiled.
- It stood for passion, aggression and determination to achieve excellence in all spheres.
- Popularly known as the unending road, the logo mirrored the long journey the company would make for its evolution as a dynamic, multi-cultural and multi-location entity.
- This identity served Apollo’s dreams and ambitions for over 30 years.
- Today, the company owns 5 key brands — Apollo, Kaizen, Maloya, Regal and Vredestein.
HEAD QUARTERS: Gurgaon, Haryana
YEAR FOUNDED: 1976
REVENUE: 127.5 billion (US$2.1 billion)
3. JK Tyre and Industries Ltd
- JK Tyre & Industries Ltd is an Automotive Tyre, Tubes and Flaps manufacturing company based in Delhi, India.
- It is the Radial tire Leader in India and is the only tyre manufacturer offering the entire range of 4 wheeler radials for Trucks, Buses and Cars.
- JK Tyre has a worldwide customer base in over 80 countries across all 6 continents.
- It is a part of J. K. Organisation group of Companies.
- JK Tyre acquired Mexican tyre major – Tornel in 2008.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS:
- Runners up for “Good Green Governance Award”
- Greentech Environment Gold Award 2012 in Rubber Sector
- Energy Management System Certification – ISO 50001 : 2011 from British Standard Institution
- Award of Excellence for Quality Circle (NCQC 2012) – IIT Kanpur
- Award for Best Model of Quality Circle (NCQC 2012) – IIT Kanpur
- Awarded one Gold and five Silver trophies in Kaizen competition organized by QCFI
- Award for “Organisation with Innovative HR Practices” by Asia Pacific HRM Congress
- Greentech Safety Award – 2012
HEAD QUARTERS: New Delhi
YEAR FOUNDED: 1974
REVENUE: 6015 crore (US$970 million) (2012–13)
EMPLOYEES: 5,010 (Sept 2013)
4. CEAT Tyres
- CEAT, the flagship company of RPG Enterprises, was established in 1958. Its predecessor Cavi Elettrici e Affini Torino SpA was established in Italy in 1924.
- Today, CEAT is one of India’s leading tyre manufacturers and has strong presence in global markets, and has a capacity of over 700 tonnes per day.
- CEAT offers the widest range of tyres to all segments and manufactures world-class radials for: Heavy-duty Trucks and Buses, Light Commercial Vehicles, Earthmovers, Forklifts, Tractors, Trailers, Cars, Motorcycles and Scooters as well as Auto-rickshaws.
- CEAT enjoys a major market share in the light truck & truck tyre market and its tubes and flaps are renowned for their superior quality and durability
- Top Export Award 2013-14 for excellence in Export of Automobile tyres, tubes and pipes
- CEAT Monsoon Smart Campaign: On-ground promotion of the year for Brand Awareness 2013
- CEAT Bike-tagging: Campaign showcasing the innovative use of technology 2013
- Best Direct Marketing Campaign of the year 2013
- Best Supplier award from TATA Motors 2013
- Employer Branding and Best HR Practices 2013
- CEAT MTV Chase the Monsoon Bronze for Most Effective Digital Media Strategy for a Youth 2013
- CEAT Chase the Monsoon Gold for Social Media Campaign of the Year 2013
- Gold in Reader’s Digest Most Trusted Brand 2012
- CAPEXIL: Special Export Award 2012
- Effie (Silver) Integrated Advertising Campaign – Be Idiot Safe with CEAT Bike Tyres 2011
- Effie Gold in Automobile and Parts, Two Wheelers and Auto Related Cateogry. Be Idiot Safe with CEAT Bike Tyres 2011
HEAD QUARTERS: Worli, Mumbai
YEAR FOUNDED: 1958
REVENUE: 53753.5 million (US$870 million) (2013–14)
5. Balkrishna Industries
- BKT is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of “OFF-HIGHWAY tires”.
- BKT has the widest product range with more than 2000 SKU’s (Stock Keeping Units) and is “One Stop Shop” for all off-highway tyre solutions.
- The success story of BKT begun in 1995, when it entered into production of cross ply off-highway tires.
- Product received instant acceptance in European & North American market.
- With the help of persistent & intensive market research coupled with ever expanding production capabilities, today BKT has made its mark in the specialty segments like Agricultural, Construction, Industrial, Earthmover, Port, ATV (All Terrain Vehicle) and Turf care applications in both cross ply & radial construction.
- BSC Certificate
- ENAMA Certificate
- Indian Export Certificate
- India’s Top 500 Companies
- On Wheels Award
- NEC Award
- UNCMA Award
- AIRIA Award
- TPM Club Award
YEAR FOUNDED: 1995
6. TVS Srichakra
- We are TVS Srichakra Ltd., one of India’s leading two & three-wheeler tyre manufacturers.
- Being a part of TVS Auto Ancillary Group (Turn over of USD 6.0 billion) founded by T.V. Sundaram Iyengar, we continue to honour the value system and the rich heritage of our parent company.
- Over 30 years, we’ve leveraged our expertise to ensure your every ride is as safe as it is sensible.
- Being the leading choice of Original Equipment Manufacturers across India, we also supply our products to major vehicle manufacturers across country
- We cater to domestic after-market with a strong support network of over 2400 dealers and 34 depots.
- ISI Award -2011
- TPM Award- 2011
- IMEA Awards- Energy Award-2011
REVENUE: USD 6.0 billion
7. The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company is an American manufacturing company founded in 1898 by Frank Seiberling and based in Akron, Ohio.
- Goodyear manufactures tires for automobiles, commercial trucks, light trucks, SUVs, race cars, airplanes, farm equipment and heavy earth-mover machinery.
- The first Goodyear tires became popular because they were easily detachable and required little maintenance.
- Goodyear is known throughout the world for the Goodyear Blimp.
- Today it is one of the most recognizable advertising icons in America.
- The company is the most successful tire supplier in Formula One history, with more starts, wins, and constructors’ championships than any other tire supplier.
- They pulled out of the sport after the 1998 season. It is the sole tire supplier for NASCAR series.
- Goodyear is a former component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- The company opened a new global headquarters building in Akron in 2013
HEAD QUARTERS: Akron, Ohio, U.S.A.
YEAR FOUNDED: 1898
8.Falcon Tyres Ltd
- Marketed under the DUNLOP brand in the Indian market, products of FALCON TYRES have carved out a strong reputation among millions of satisfied customers for their unmatched patterns, design and quality.
- The tyres are preferred choice of some of the leading automotive manufacturers of India.
- Along with those OEMs, Falcon has a significant presence in the export and replacement segments of the market as well.
- Incorporated in 1973, Falcon with its state-of-the-art plant at Mysore was taken over by the Ruia Group in December 2005 and professionalism in every sense of the word was infused into the company resulting all round growth.
- Since then Falcon’s consistent endeavor has been to get past the ‘good enough’.
- A readiness to challenge the conventional wisdom.
- Falcon entered into a Technical Aid Agreement with Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. of Japan which provided the company access to the latest International technology, new product range, upgraded product quality and the best processes.
- Ensuring established global standards in quality, the production capacity of the Mysore plant was gradually augmented from 350,000 tyres a month to more than 1,000,000 tyres a month and is being further enhanced.
YEAR FOUNDED: 1973
9. Govind Rubber Limited (GRL)
- Govind Rubber Limited (GRL) is a global name for a range of world-class bicycle tires.
- Our inception was laid with a motto of creating durable and reliable tires for the then nascent Indian bicycle industry.
- Soon enough, GRL grew to become one of the top Indian tire manufacturers.
- We started off as Indian bicycle tire manufacturers, grew as an entity that was credited to have Indians glued to their bicycles and continue to grow today as trendsetters in the global width of this industry.
- The ARIA Special Export Award (1990-91)
- The CAPEXIL Outstanding Export Performance (1991-94 and 1997-2001)
- The CAPEXIL Certificate of merit (2003-04)
- The CAPEXIL Special Export Award (2004-05)
- The ARIA Special Export Award (2005-06)
- The CAPEXIL Certificate of merit (2009-10)
- The Green Tech Silver Award for Best HR Practices by the government of India (2010-11)
HEAD QUARTERS: Mumbai
YEAR FOUNDED: 1964
10. Krypton Tyres
- Krypton Industries Limited was founded in the year 1990 to manufacture Polyurethane (PU) tyres for bicycles.
- Over the years the company has diversified its product range to cater to various industry segments keeping in view the market demand and requirements.
- Today it has established itself as the leading manufacturer of MCP Tubeless Puncture-Proof Tyres for Bicycles, Wheel Chair and Trolleys both in the national and international markets drawing from the active support of our valued customers and all members of the Krypton group.
- The company, in the year 2005/2006, has further expanded it PU processing capabilities by entering PU shoe sole and sandals manufacturing.
- More recently the company has entered the growing shoes and accessories market by launching sandals under its own brand name Softflex.
- The Company is planning to expand the range by way of increasing its own capabilities as well as through strategic outsourcing.
- Krypton Industries has been manufacturing various OEM components and spare parts for the Rehab are,Industrial segment and bicycle industry.
- Our product range is PU Tyres,PU Inserts,Foam Filled Tyres,PU and Plastic Parts,PU Molded and Die Cast Rims,various Wheels and Castor Assemblies.
HEAD QUARTERS: Kolkata, West Bengal
YEAR FOUNDED: 1990