List of Top Pickle Manufacturing Companies in India
1. Priya Foods – Pickles (Ushodaya Enterprises)
- “PRIYA” is a registered trademark of Ushodaya Enterprises Private Limited
- Making your favourite pickle was an arduous ritual: picking ingredients, washing, cutting, pounding, grinding,preventing contamination and ensuring long life etc.
- Priya launched its exploration of the world of taste with six flavours of pickles
- Now it has been grown to about thirty six varieties of pickles.
- Priya is like India: rich, varied, now spicy, now sweet.
- Outstanding Industry Achievement Award” on World Food day-2010 by the Hyderabad chapter of Association of Food Scientists and Technologists (AFST) for his Technological, Entrepreneurial and Administrative skills.
- CEO Ushodaya Entrprises P Ltd (FoodsDivision) Awarded prestigious “Kashalkar Memorial Award for 2009” by All India Food processors’ Association(AIFPA) for his outstanding contribution for the growth, development and promotion of Food processing industry in the country.
- FAPCCI Award for 1991-1992 Best Export Effort
- NPC Award for 1995-1996 Best Productivity Performance
HEAD QUARTERS: Uppal, Hyderabad
YEAR FOUNDED: 1980
WEBSITE: www. www.priyafoods.com
2. Mothers Recipe – Pickles (Desai Brothers)
- The Desai Group was founded in 1901 and has diversified business operations with interests in Tobacco Products, Food Processing, Specialty Chemicals, Health Care – Hospitals, Logistics, Finance and Hospitality – Hotels.
- Mother’s Recipe, the market leader in Indian Pickles has a Product range that now consists of Pickles, Condiments, Blended Spices, Papads, Appalams, Curry Pastes, Curry Powders, Ready to Cook Spice Mixes, Ready to Eat meals (Canned and Retort Packing), Mango Chutneys, Ethnic Chutneys, Canned Vegetables, & Mango Pulp.
- The Distribution for our products reaches more than 150,000 retail outlets covered by 500 distributors across the country.
- We cater to diverse formats ranging from Mom & Pop Stores (General Trade), Modern trade outlets, Multi-functional outlets, Cash & Carry outlets, Fruit & Vegetable stores, Defense Canteens, Police Canteens, Indian Army and to HORECA.
HEAD QUARTERS: Pune, Maharashtra
YEAR FOUNDED: 1901
3. MTR FOODS – Pickles
- At MTR Foods, we endeavour to be your dependable partner in the kitchen.
- Our wide range of signature Pickles are made with traditional recipes, handed down through generations.
- Carefully selected fruits and vegetables are pickled with the finest oils and spices under the most hygienic conditions.
- Our tradition of food and hospitality began in 1924 with the establishment of the MTR Restaurant by the Maiya family in Bangalore.
- Then in 1975, Maiyas diversified into the business of convenience foods and instant mixes.
HEAD QUARTERS: Ejipura, Bangalore
YEAR FOUNDED: 1975
4. Cavinkare – Ruchi Pickles
- Founded in 1981, Ruchi Magic understands the tradition and culture that goes into making every single bottle of pickle.
- Now no Indian meal can be considered complete without a pickle to accompany it.
- The art of pickling has been passed down from generation to generation and has become a part of our cultural heritage.
- Using traditional recipes developed over time, Ruchi Magic Pickles has eighteen different mouth watering variants.
- A large, loyal and growing fan base for Ruchi Magic Pickles will vouch for the authenticity of the pickles and the delectable taste.
- Ruchi Magic Pickles is firmly rooted in tradition and is incredibly tasty.
HEAD QUARTERS: Chennai, Tamilnadu
YEAR FOUNDED: 1981
5. Bedekar – Pickles (V.P.Bedekar & Sons)
- V. P. Bedekar started a small grocery shop at Girgaum, Mumbai in the year 1910, little did he know that it would evolve into the legendary V. P. Bedekar & Sons Pvt. Ltd.
- His son Mr. V. V. Bedekar ( Annasaheb Bedekar) joined the business in 1914 at the age of 13.
- To remain competitive and progressive, he started manufacturing spices in 1917 and pickles in 1921.
- Soon he attracted a growing and loyal clientele for spices, pickle and papads.
- Since only select and best quality groceries were available at the Bedekar outlet, the customer base expanded.
HEAD QUARTERS: Girgaum, Mumbai
YEAR FOUNDED: 1921
6. Nilon’s Enterprises – Pickles
- Nilon’s Enterprises Private Limited was founded in 1962
- Nilon’s has traditionally paid very high attention to quality control and customer satisfaction.
- To ensure that the very best quality reaches the consumers, state-of-the-art Microbial and Quality Control Labs are part of its manufacturing facilities.
- Every product reaches the consumer only after passing through stringent quality checks.
- Nilon’s has manufacturing plants in Maharashtra and Assam.
- More manufacturing facilities are being planned in South and North India to serve our customers more regionally suitable food products.
HEAD QUARTERS: Baner, Pune
YEAR FOUNDED: 1962
7. Mambalam Iyers Food Products – Pickles
- Mambalam Iyers brand products are manufactured and marketed by MAMBALAM IYERS FOOD PRODUCTS PVT LTD.
- In this fast changing world with no time to spare, the concept of fast foods has made tremendous inroads in each and every house.
- With both the husband and wife employed, they find little time to concentrate on cooking.
- As a result fast foods have come as a boon to the modern nuclear family.
- The specialty of Mambalam Iyers Food Products is unique in the sense that the products are designed keeping in mind the needs of the modern family.
- The products keep alive ‘the traditional taste’ without the hassles of lengthy preparation time and provide the luxury of convenience.
HEAD QUARTERS: T.Nagar, Chennai
8. ADF Foods – Soul Pickles
- Founded In 1932 of a small retail store selling Dry Fruits & Nuts, soon diversified into a Major Food Processing Company manufacturing Ethnic Indian pickles, chutneys, canned foods frozen foods and spices under various Brand Names which are today leaders in their segments and categories.
- With this insight in mind, the name, Soul, seems like itfs made for a food brand.
- Add to that the fact that all our food products will have a touch of health.
- When our products beautifully marry flavour and goodness, so should the name.
- Soul, while subtly cueing soul food, also seems like it would belong to a brand of substance.
- Soul has the potential to be more than a brand name.
HEAD QUARTERS: Worli, Mumbai
YEAR FOUNDED: 1932
9. K. T. Kubal & Co – Pickles
- K. T. Kubal & Co has been founded by Late SHRI. KRISHNAJI TUKARAM KUBAL. eminent industrialist. who had an excellent vision of Pickles & Spices industry.
- Processing of Pickles & Spices commercially 6 decades back was a great challenge as almost all the house wives used to prepare their own Pickles & Spices at home by adopting their own methods.
- He anticipated that the women would have to playa dominent role in the near future, not only to look after their own houses but also to participate in commercial activities, therefore they would be going in for readymade
- Food to save time which would include a great demand for ready made pickles & spices.
- This thought of the founder came true as can be seen from the expansion of our own industry in particular and pickles industry in general as well.
HEAD QUARTERS: Nagpada, Mumbai
10. Anjali Foods – Pickles (Natraj Oil Mills)
- Established in the year 1994, Natraj Oil Mills Pvt. Ltd. is engaged in manufacturing, supplying and exporting wide range of sweet tangy pickles, tangy pickles, pickles, edible sesame (gingelly oil) oil, tasty tangy pickles, sweet pickles and pappads.
- All these products are made by using premium quality ingredients and are marketed in brand name “Anjali”.
- Made in compliance with defined quality standard, all our products are processed with attention to accurate combination of ingredients and hygiene, making them rich in taste and flavor.
- Our products have home like taste and natural health benefits.
- And are supplied in bulk to hotels, restaurants, retail chains, ready-to-eat-food making unit and other bulk buyers.
- We process and export a wide range of Indian pickles, oils, papads etc., and have been leading the Indian market for years.
- Our variety of pickles includes spicy amla pickle, mango avakkai pickle, amla pickles, mango pickle, avakkai, amla pickle, garlic pickle and more that possess perfect freshness, flavor and taste.
HEAD QUARTERS: Madurai, Tamilnadu
YEAR FOUNDED: 1994