List of Top Paper Manufacturing Companies in India
1. Ballarpur Industries
- The Ballarpur Group is the largest manufacturer of writing and printing paper in India.
- The Ballarpur Group’s seven manufacturing facilities, six in India and one in Malaysia, three of the Indian facilities and the Malaysian facility will be operated by Bilt Paper PLC and the remaining three Indian facilities will be retained by the Ballarpur Group.
- Bilt Paper PLC is focused on the manufacture of bulk coated and uncoated paper and viscous grade fibre while the rest of the Ballarpur
- Group will focus on the manufacture of copier paper, speciality paper and tissue paper and Retail and OSSB.
- Ballarpur Industries is also listed on the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.
HEAD QUARTERS: Gurgaon
YEAR FOUNDED: 1945
PRODUCTION (MT): 834050
2. ITC Paperboards & Specialty Papers Division
- ITC- Paperboards and Specialty Papers Division (ITC-PSPD), is amongst the leading names in the business worldwide.
- Our innovative solutions to meet a diverse cross-section of packaging and communication needs have helped us carve a unique niche for ourselves.
- With emphasis on harnessing state-of-the-art technology, we have emerged as the largest manufacturer of Packaging and Graphic Boards in South Asia.
- In the endeavor to move up the value chain, our portfolio of products and services has consistently grown over the years.
- Today, our products and pool of knowledge-based services are much sought-after by discerning customers, both in India and internationally, for sustaining and improving their competitiveness.
- ITC PSPD Unit Kovai wins first prize in ‘Green Award 2013’ instituted by Tamil Nadu Government
- ITC’s Paperboards and Specialty Papers Business has been conferred the “Green Product of the Year” award at the India Green Business Summit 2014
- Kovai has been Awarded “CII Environmental Best Practices Award 2013”
HEAD QUARTERS: Secunderabad
PRODUCTION (MT): 590000
3. Tamil Nadu Newsprint and Papers
- Tamil Nadu Newsprint and Papers Limited (TNPL) was established by the Government of Tami Nadu during early eighties to produce Newsprint and Printing & Writing Paper using bagasse, a sugarcane residue, as primary raw material.
- The Company commenced production in the year 1984 with a initial capacity of 90,000 tonnes per annum (tpa).
- Over the years, the production capacity has been increased to 2,45,000 tpa and the Company has emerged as the largest bagasse based Paper Mill in the world consuming about one million tonnes of bagasse every year.
- The Company completed a Mill Expansion Plan during December 2010 to increase the mill capacity to 4,00,000 tpa.
- TNPL has bagged the prestigious “Paper Mill of the year 2007-08” award.
- TNPL has bagged the CAPEXIL “SPECIAL EXPORT AWARD” for the 10th consecutive year, for its outstanding export performance during the year 2007-08.
- TNPL was awarded the commendation award on “CII Leadership & Excellence Award in Safety, Health & Environment (SH&E) year 2002”.
- Received “National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2010” from CII, Chennai.
- Received “National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2009” from CII-Sohrabji Godrej Green Business Centre, Hyderabad.
- Received the “Best Energy Conservation Award” for the year 2007 from Government of Tamil Nadu.
HEAD QUARTERS: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
YEAR FOUNDED: 1979
PRODUCTION (MT): 400000
4. JK Paper
- A leading Paper Manufacturter in India with a combined production capacity of 4,55,000 Tonnes Per annum.
- We strive to be ahead of the competition by constantly moving up the value chain.
- Today our branded and value added products constitute almost the entire production.
- We are market leaders in office paper & among the top 2 players in coated and high end packaging board.
- The Company has an export footprint for high value branded products and Packaging Boards in the Middle East, South East Asia, SAARC and various African countries.
- Best Maintenance Practices in Pulp and Paper Mills to Improve Profitability” – bagged the First Best Paper Award
- Greentech HR Award 2013 -Outstanding Achievement in Best Strategy
- IInd FICCI Quality System Excellence Award
- Dun & Bradstreet’s India’s Top 500 Companies 2010
- CAPEXIL Award – Special Export Award for the year 2010-11
- National Award for Excellence in Energy Management (CII)
HEAD QUARTERS: New Delhi
PRODUCTION (MT): 292582
5. West Coast Paper Mills
- The West Coast Paper Mills Ltd. is one of the oldest and largest producers of paper for printing, writing, and packaging in India, Established in 1955.
- The paper mill is located at Dandeli in Karnataka near the banks of River Kali.
- The variety of quality paper that we produce serve the needs of numerous industries that include food packaging, printing and publishing, garments, stationary, and notebooks to name just a few.
- We believe in constant innovation to keep abreast of the changing market scenario.
- Our growth, achievements, and the satisfaction of our clients and investors are a testimony to our zeal for creativity and innovation.
- The modern paper manufacturing technologies that we have adapted ensure sustainable development over the years.
HEAD QUARTERS: Bangalore
YEAR FOUNDED: 1955
PRODUCTION (MT): 317808
6. International Paper APPM Ltd
- International Paper established presence in India by acquiring 75% shareholding in International Paper APPM Limited, formerly known as The Andhra Pradesh Paper Mills Limited (“IP APPM”), in the year 2011.
- IP APPM is a leading manufacturer of pulp, writing, printing and copier papers catering to both domestic and foreign markets.
- The company has two manufacturing units in Andhra Pradesh – Rajahmundry and Kadiyam, having a total paper production capacity of 240,000 metric tons per year.
- IP APPM is becoming a driving force in sustainability in paper manufacturing in the world economy with sales of approximately US $182 million, focused social and community programs including its own pioneering work in raw material generation through social farm forestry and a very strong strategic growth focus
HEAD QUARTERS: Madhapur, Hyderabad
PRODUCTION (MT): 258201
7. Century Pulp & Paper
- Century Pulp and Paper (CPP) is a producer of excellent quality writing and printing paper, and a leading manufacturer of tissue and board, as well as Rayon Grade Pulp (RGP) products.
- A division of Century Textile and Industries Ltd (CTIL), Century Pulp and Paper has achieved significant efficiencies in various disciplines, all within a short time.
- Situated at the foothills of the Himalayas in Lalkua (Nainital), Century Pulp and Paper is a committed employer of the local community.
- The company is proud to attain these international standards as a leading producer of pulp and paper.
HEAD QUARTERS: Lalkua (Nainital)
PRODUCTION (MT): 242906
8. Rainbow Papers
- Rainbow Papers commenced its journey with its first venture, a creping and dyeing unit in 1981.
- Since then, there has been no looking back.
- With two new units flourishing, Rainbow is producing almost 186 different varieties of paper, catering to the diverse segments of the Indian as well as overseas usage market.
- Rainbow is one of the fastest growing corporations in the Indian Paper Industry.
- Rainbow’s Quality, Creativity, Market Awareness and Financial strength helps in taking correct decision’s and profitable actions for the market we serve and also gives us stability in the Stock Market.
- Rainbow has a dedicated Research & Innovation Team, working day and night to achieve the organization’s objectives and take the organization to far reaching heights.
Excellence Award at Paperex-2013
HEAD QUARTERS: Ahmedabad, Gujarat
YEAR FOUNDED: 1981
9. Seshasayee Paper and Boards
- Seshasayee Paper and Boards Limited (SPB), the flagship company belonging to ‘ESVIN GROUP’, operates an integrated pulp, paper and paper board Mill at Pallipalayam, Erode, District Namakkal, Tamilnadu, India.
- SPB, incorporated in June 1960, was promoted by Seshasayee Brothers (Pvt) Limited in association with a foreign collaborator M/s Parsons and Whittemore, South East Asia Inc., USA. After commencement of commercial production, having fulfilled their performance guarantee obligations, the foreign collaborators withdrew in 1969.
- SPB commenced commercial production in December 1962, on commissioning a 20000 tpa integrated facility, comprising a Pulp Mill and two Paper Machines (PM-1 and PM-2), capable of producing, writing, printing, kraft and poster varieties of paper.
- “TERI Corporate Environmental Award” Large Category – 2000-01 I Prize by The Energy Resources Institute
- Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board – 1995-96 State Environmental Award
- Environmental Conservation Award Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry – 1993-94
HEAD QUARTERS: Erode, Tamilnadu
YEAR FOUNDED: 1960
PRODUCTION (MT): 169438
10. Trident Limited
- TridentGroup is a leading diversified group of businesses.
- Trident Limited (Trident) is the flagship company of TridentGroup, a USD 1 billion Indian business conglomerate and a global player.
- With the establishment of the state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and systems coupled with appropriate human capital and credentials, Trident has frequently received accolades from its patrons in recognition for delivering high quality standards and for its customer-centric approach.
- Texprocil Award / Silver / Highest exports in Terry Towels JC Penney Innovation Award – 2011
- Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award / Textile Sustainability Award by IKEA / Trade Area South Asia – 2010
- Texprocil Awards / Silver / Top performer in exports – 2010
- JC Penney Home Quailty Award / Best supplier of the year – 2010
HEAD QUARTERS: Ludhiana, Punjab
YEAR FOUNDED: 1990
REVENUE: 3358 crore (US$540 million) (2012–13)
PRODUCTION (MT): 152719