List of Top Nutritional Drink Brands in India(By Consumers)
- Horlicks is the Leading Health Food Drink in India and as the most Trusted Drinks Brand (Economics Times Survey 2004)
- Horlicks is the name of a company and of a malted milk hot drink developed by the founders James and William Horlick.
- It is now manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline
- India, where it has traditionally been marketed as The Great Family Nourisher, is the largest market for Horlicks.
- In 2005, GlaxoSmithKline’s Horlicks came up with a campaign saying that drinking Horlicks made the kids- ‘taller, stronger and sharper’.
- The Indian formulation for Horlicks is slightly different than in most other countries, as there it is manufactured from buffalo milk rather than cows milk due to cultural concerns.
- In 2010, Horlicks accounted for 85% of the INR23.06 billion (US$370 million) revenue of GlaxoSmithKline in India.
- It is currently the most widely consumed packaged beverage in India, after bottled water
HORLICKS CLINICALLY PROVED:
- Horlicks 5 Signs of Growth’ is not just a claim but a clinically proven fact.
- A premier research institute of India conducted a 14 month research on Horlicks in a reputed boarding school in Hyderabad.
- In the research, along with their meals, one group of children was given an ordinary health food drink without the Horlicks micronutrients (or vitamins and minerals) while the other group was given Horlicks.
- Many tests and 14 months later, it was concluded that the children who consumed Horlicks showed significant improvements in the 5 signs of growth: height, muscle mass, bone health and concentration scores as compared to the children who consumed the ordinary health food drink.
5 SIGNS OF GROWTH:
- Experts rely on a number of vital signs to evaluate the growth and development in children.
- These include signs such as height, strength, healthy weight gain, blood health and concentration.
- Horlicks 5 Signs of Growth covers each of these growth needs and provides complete development for your child.
HEAD QUARTERS: Gurgaon, Haryana
YEAR FOUNDED: 1930
REVENUE: 23.06 billion (US$370 million) (2010)
- Complan Foods is a British company that makes powdered milk energy drinks.
- In India the Complan brand is owned by the H. J. Heinz Company.
- Complan was launched by Glaxo in 1954.
- As part of Glaxo’s Farley Health Products subsidiary, the Complan UK brand was sold to Boots in 1988.
- In India, Complan remained with Glaxo until 1994, when it was acquired by Heinz, who also acquired the UK brand in the same year.
- It’s USP was, the complete planned food.
- Heinz understands the power of food to connect people, unite cultures and enrich daily life, we stand today as one of the world’s leading producers of healthy, convenient foods for every eating occasion.
- Good food is who we are, pure and simple.
- Families have been welcoming Heinz and its products into their homes for more than 140 years.
- Come on in and discover just what we’re made of.
HEAD QUARTERS: Worli, Mumbai
YEAR FOUNDED: 1954
- Bournvita, previously called Bourn-vita, is the name of a brand of malted and chocolate malt drink mixes sold in Europe and North America, as well as Nepal, India, Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Benin and Togo, and manufactured by Cadbury.
- The drink was named by Cadbury which was derived from Bournville, the model village which is the site of the Cadbury factory (Bourn + Vita).
- It was first sold in 1949.
- Cadbury Bournvita – Development of strong bones – Bournvita multiplies the power of milk and provides the essential nutrients to growing children.
- Cadbury is a British multinational confectionery company owned by Mondelez International.
- Millions of adults the world over have grown up with Cadbury Bournvita – and it enjoys a place of pride in kitchen cabinets worldwide.
- That’s because Cadbury Bournvita has always delivered on the promise of providing healthy nourishment to your children.
- This well-being has been our major focus over the years.
- Cadbury Bournvita is enriched with most of the vital nutrient groups that children require.
HEAD QUARTERS: Mumbai, Maharashtra
YEAR FOUNDED: 1948
- Boost is a chocolate-flavored health food drink manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline.
- Boost is India’s leading malt-based Health Food Drink in a chocolate flavor.
- It was developed by the company’s R&D team in 1974 and launched in 1975-76.
- Its success characterizes the manner and skill with which GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare has responded to the changing contours of this product segment in recent times.
- Boost has a market share of 13.5% countrywide amongst all Health Food Drinks (HFD), while in South India – the biggest region for the category – it commands a market share of 26%
HEAD QUARTERS: Gurgaon, Haryana
YEAR FOUNDED: 1976