List of Top Fast Food Chain Companies in India
- KFC is a fast food restaurant chain that specializes in fried chicken and is headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, in the United States.
- In December 2013, there were 361 KFC outlets in India.
- As well as the standard KFC offerings, the chain sells a chickpea burger, a paneer burger, hot wings with chilli lemon sprinkles and other country-specific products.
- A major franchise holder is QSR Brands (M) Holdings, which operated 26 outlets as of 2012
- The first Indian KFC was a two-storey outlet on the fashionable Brigade Road in Bangalore in June 1995.
- Many Indians were concerned about the onslaught of consumerism, the loss of national self-sufficiency, and the disruption of indigenous traditions.
HEAD QUARTERS: Louisville, Kentucky, United States.
YEAR FOUNDED: 1930
- Headquartered in the United States, the company began in 1940 as a barbecue restaurant operated by Richard and Maurice McDonald; in 1948 they reorganized their business as a hamburger stand using production line principles.
- Businessman Ray Kroc joined the company as a franchise agent in 1955.
- He subsequently purchased the chain from the McDonald brothers and oversaw its worldwide growth.
- McDonald’s primarily sells hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chicken, french fries, breakfast items, soft drinks, milkshakes, and desserts.
- In response to changing consumer tastes, the company has expanded its menu to include salads, fish, wraps, smoothies, fruit, and seasoned fri.
- The McDonald’s Corporation is the world’s largest chain of hamburger fast food restaurants, serving around 68 million customers daily in 119 coes
HEAD QUARTERS: Oak Brook, Illinois, U.S.
YEAR FOUNDED: 1940
3. Pizza Hut
- Pizza Hut Inc. is the largest pizza restaurant company in the world in terms of both the number of outlets and the percentage of market share that it holds.
- A subsidiary of PepsiCo, Inc., the company oversees more than 11,000 pizza restaurants and delivery outlets in 90 countries worldwide.
- In October 1997, the company expected to become a subsidiary of Tricon Global Restaurants, Inc., formed from the spin-off of PepsiCo’s restaurant holdings.
- Pizza Hut offers dine-in service at its characteristic red-roofed restaurants, as well as carry-out and delivery service.
- About 15% of the restaurants are company-operated, while the rest are franchised.
- The world’s largest fast food company, YUM! Brands runs KFC and Taco Bell in addition to Pizza Hut.
HEAD QUARTERS: Plano, U.S
YEAR FOUNDED: 1958
4. Domino’s Pizza
- Jubilant FoodWorks Limited (the Company) is a Jubilant Bhartia Group Company, The Company was incorporated in 1995 and initiated operations in 1996.
- Over the period since 1996, Domino’s Pizza India has remained focused on delivering great tasting Pizzas and sides, superior quality, exceptional guest care and value for money offerings.
- We have endeavored to establish a reputation for being a home delivery specialist capable of delivering pizzas within 30 minutes or else FREE to a community of loyal consumers from all our restaurants around the country.
- The Company is the market leader in the organized pizza market with a 54% market share and 70% share in the pizza home delivery segment in India, The Company has strengthened its portfolio by entering into an agreement with Dunkin’ Donuts Franchising LLC, for developing the Dunkin’ Donuts brand and operating restaurants in India.
- Domino’s vision is focused on ” Exceptional people on a mission to be the best pizza delivery company in the world.”
- We are committed to bringing fun, happiness and convenience to lives of our consumers by delivering delicious pizzas to their doorstep and our efforts are aimed at fulfilling this commitment towards a large and ever-growing guest base.
- Best employer in Retail and 3rd best employer in Services category in India – Hewitt’s Best Employers survey 2009.
- HR leadership award – 4th Employer Branding Award 2009 – 10
- Regional Best Employer in hospitality by the “World HRD Congress” in 2009-10.
- FUN @ Work award by the “World HRD Congress” in 2009-10
- Highest employee engagement score amongst the “best companies” in BT-TNS-MERCER’s “Best companies to work” in India survey.
Featured as “Fun place to work for” by Outlook Business in 2010.
HEAD QUARTERS: Michigan, United States
YEAR FOUNDED: 1996
- In 1965, Fred Deluca had just graduated from high school in Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA. Like many young adults his age, he had dreams of attending college.
- Subway is one of the fastest growing franchises in the world, with 42,938 restaurants in 107 countries and territories as of November 15, 2014.
- It is the largest single-brand restaurant chain and the largest restaurant operator globally.
- The SUBWAY® name and its products have even appeared in numerous television and motion picture productions.
HEAD QUARTERS: Milford, Connecticut, U.S.
YEAR FOUNDED: 1965
6. US Pizza
- U.S. Pizza Company in a burned out clock shop in Levy, AR. Armed with a unique recipe for thin crust pizza and an old fashioned stone hearth oven, U.S. Pizza embarked on a quarter-of-a-century journey that has done everything but dwindle.
- That first store grossed only about $1,000 per week, but ten other U.S. Pizza Company locations have opened since Pizza Companies, in 1981, Judy opened Hillcrest Liquor Store on Kavanaugh Boulevard in Little Rock.
- Since we opened our first store in 1972, we’ve been making our thin crust pizza from scratch when you order it.
- And we still use stone hearth ovens. That’s one of the reasons our unique pizzas are worth the wait!
- We pride ourselves in offering you the very best pizza, salads and sandwiches, and we value your patronage.
- ARCF Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation – 2012
- Fan Favorite & Winner Professional Division Harvest Fest Cheese Dip Contest – 2012
- Runner-Up World Champion Cheese Dip Contest – 2011, 2012
- KARK Large Company Humanitarian Award – 2012
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies – 2011, 2012
- Best of the Best Pizza – Democrat Gazette – 2012
- Best of the Best Salad – Democrat Gazette – 2012
YEAR FOUNDED: 1972
7. Wangs kitchen
- The first Wangs Kitchen outlet was opened in Chennai way back in 1995, and it offered food lovers in the city something they had long craved for – authentic Chinese cuisine.
- With some of the best chefs dishing out an array of mouth-watering Chinese specialties, it wasn’t long before Wangs Kitchen became a household name in the city.
- At a time when ‘eating out’ and ‘ordering in’ were fairly new concepts, Wangs Kitchen was a forerunner offering an opportunity for foodies to try out something new and something different at a great value for money.
- Using only the freshest and authentic ingredients and set in a sophisticated environment, the restaurant soon started to spread its wings across Chennai.
HEAD QUARTERS: Chennai, Tamilnadu
YEAR FOUNDED: 1995
8. Papa Johns
- Papa John’s superior quality product and legendary customer service has led to a string of accolades in more than 60 independent surveys.
- For the ninth consecutive year (1999-2008), Papa John’s has been rated number one in customer satisfaction among all national pizza chains in the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) conducted by the National Quality Research Center at the University of Michigan Business School.
- Papa John’s voted “Best Pizza” in more than 55 U.S. markets over the last several years, including recent wins in Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Dallas, Indianapolis, Orlando, Knoxville and Phoenix.
- Founder and CEO John Schnatter named as “Best Local Businessperson” in Louisville Magazine’s 2001 Best of Louisville Awards.
- Papa John’s was the only national pizza chain to make the list of Franchise Gold 200 winners.
- Received the prestigious Golden Web Award in addition to being named the “Website of the Month” in December, 2000.
- The Golden Web Award is presented to websites with outstanding web design, originality and content worthy of recognition.
HEAD QUARTERS: Jeffersontown, Kentucky
YEAR FOUNDED: 1984
9. Mast Kalandar
- Mast Kalandar is a North Indian fast casual chain of restaurants started by Spring Leaf Retail Pvt Ltd., a company promoted by Gaurav Jain and Pallavi Gupta.
- To provide a wholesome and healthy eating experience to the calorie conscious working professionals, Mast Kalandar serves the old Indian recipes with a new age perspective.
- The food is cooked fresh using quality ingredients.
- The menu at Mast Kalandar is a mix of recipes inspired from different dishes cooked in the homes across different states in Northern India.
- The spices used in these recipes are also sourced from the region from where the food is, to maintain the authentic taste.
- Mast Kalandar has always striven to maintain the quality of food and service as they have expanded over the last 6 years.
- Mast Kalandar currently has 34 branches in Bangalore, 7 branches in Chennai, 2 in Hyderabad and 5 in Pune.
10. Dosa Plaza
- Dosa Plaza is the sole runner in the category of south Indian cuisines that has gained popularity nationwide for its innovative approach and wide varieties of recipes.
- From a humble inception, Dosa Plaza grew into a lavish success story that it has become today.
- It has sailed different waves and seen different tides before achieving its current position – India’s fastest growing food chain of south Indian cuisine.
- The company sees the current success as mere milestone in its never-ending journey of growth and improvement.
YEAR FOUNDED: 1990