List of Top Dairy Industries in India
1. Gcmmf (Amul)
- Amul is an Indian dairy cooperative, based at Anand in the state of Gujarat, India.
- The word amul is derived from the Sanskrit word amulya meaning priceless.
- The co-operative was initially referred to as Anand Milk Federation Union Limited hence the name AMUL.
- Formed in 1946, it is a brand managed by a cooperative body, the Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. (GCMMF), which today is jointly owned by 3 million milk producers in Gujarat.
- In 1946, the farmers of this area went on a milk strike refusing to be cowed down by the cartel.
- Amul receives Srishti Good Green Governance award for the year 2013
- GCMMF Receives Prestigious CNN-IBN Innovating for a Better Tomorrow Award
- Amul wins AIMA High Performance Brand Award-2013 for brand Amul
- GCMMF wins the SAP Award for Customer Excellence (SAPACE) 2013 under the category of “Best Run Award in Finance”
- ET-Corporate Citizen Award of the Year 2010-11 to GCMMF
- Amul receives Green Globe Foundation Award
HEAD QUARTERS: Anand, Gujarat
YEAR FOUNDED: 1946
REVENUE: US$3.1 billion (2013–14)
- The Orissa State Cooperative Milk Producers’ Federation Limited (OMFED) is an apex level Dairy Cooperative Society registered under Cooperative Society Act – 1962.
- It has come into existence to integrate the milk producers in rural areas with consumers in the urban areas with an enterprising aptitude.
- OMFED’s main activities includes promoting, production, procurement, processing and marketing of milk & milk products for economic development of the rural farming community in Orissa.
- Omfed was established based on AMUL pattern under operation flood programme of National Dairy Development Board (NDDB), for promoting, production, procurement, processing and marketing of milk & milk products initially in undivided districts of Puri, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Keonjhar.
HEAD QUARTERS: Bhubaneswar, Odisha
YEAR FOUNDED: 1985
- Karnataka Cooperative Milk Producers’ Federation Limited(KMF) is the Apex Body in Karnataka representing Dairy Farmers’ Co-operatives.
- It is the second largest dairy co-operative amongst the dairy cooperatives in the country.
- In South India it stands first in terms of procurement as well as sales.
- One of the core functions of the Federation is marketing of Milk and Milk Products.
- The Brand “Nandini” is the household name for Pure and Fresh milk and milk products.
- KMF has 13 Milk Unions throughout the State which procure milk from Primary Dairy Cooperative Societies(DCS) and distribute milk to the consumers in various Towns/Cities/Rural markets in Karnataka.
UNITS OF KMF:
- Mother Dairy, Yelahanka,Bangalore.
- Nandini Hi-Tech Product Plant, Channarayapatna.
- Nandini Milk Products, KMF Complex, Bangalore.
- Cattle Feed Plants at Rajanukunte/Gubbi/Dharwad/Hassan/Shikaripura.
- Nandini Sperm Station (formerly known as Bull Breeding Farm & Frozen Semen Bank) at Hessaraghatta.
- Nandini Packaging Film Plant at Munnekolalu- Marathhalli.
- Central Training Institute,Bangalore & Training Institutes at Mysore/Dharwad
- Ice Cream Plant – Bellary.
HEAD QUARTERS: Bangalore
YEAR FOUNDED: 1974
- APDDCF, as an enterprise of farmers for Dairy Development, had its genesis in 1981, with a three tier cooperative structure
- Provides mechanism for regular timely pickup of milk
- Ensures minimum support price to the farmers
- Ensure availability of milk and milk products at reasonable price.
HEAD QUARTERS: Lalapet, Hyderabad
YEAR FOUNDED: 1962
- Haryana Dairy Development Co-operative Federation Ltd. The Dairy Corporation was formed in 1970 which continued active functioning till 31.03.1977.
- There after its business was taken over by Federation to set up THREE TIER SYSTEM based on Anand Pattern.
- In the domain of dairy development it is well known for its productive milch cattle particularly the ‘Murrah’ Buffaloes and Haryana Cows.
- The economy of the state is predominantly based on agriculture. People rear and breed cattle as a subsidiary occupation.
- The essence of various programmes launched in the State has been to adopt the Anand pattern of Milk Co-operatives.
- Under this system, all the functions of dairying like milk procurement, processing and marketing are controlled by the Milk Producers themselves.
- It has three tier system comprising milk Producers Societies at the village level, Milk Producers Co-operative Union at the district level and the state Milk Federation as an apex body at the State level.
NATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY AWARDS 2004-05 Presented for First Best Productivity Performance in Dairy Processing Industries (Small Units)
HEAD QUARTERS: Haryana
YEAR FOUNDED: 1970
6. Dynamix Dairy Industries
- The Company is ISO 9002 certified with revenues in excess of INR 3 billion in 2005-2006. With state-of-the-art technology and back-up extension services, Dynamix Dairy Industries Limited (DDIL) has emerged as one of the front-runners and the most trusted names in milk processing in India.
- The Dairy produces a wide range of ancillary products like Cheese, Butter, Ghee, Dairy Whitener, Non-Dairy Creamer, Skimmed Milk Powder, Yogurt, Lactose, Casein and Whey Protein Concentrate.
- The company is also into UHT flavored milk and fruit juices packed in tetra packs, which do not require the cold chain.
HEAD QUARTERS: Goregaon (E) Mumbai
YEAR FOUNDED: 1995
- Kwality Ltd. is instrumental in providing dairy products at par with international standards at a very low input cost.
- Kwality Dairy (India) Limited, India’s Premier Dairy Foods Company focuses on building leadership positions in branded and value added markets across the dairy sector.
- We at KDIL follow a very simple philosophy: Serve the needs of the customer by providing them “Kwality” Products.
- Incorporated in the year 1992, the company is growing at a fast pace with a turnover of 1054 crore in 2009-10 and a growth of 81 percent in the current financial year.
- Kwality Ltd has introduced Pure Ghee under the brand name- Dairy Best.
- Another Pure Ghee variant exclusively made from cow’s fresh milk is also available.
- The product has made a commendable impact in the Indian market and made its presence felt in Delhi, Punjab, Rajasthan, and Haryana etc.
HEAD QUARTERS: New Delhi
YEAR FOUNDED: 1992
8. Mother Dairy
- Mother Dairy was set up in 1974 under the Operation Flood Programme. A wholly owned company of the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB).
- Mother Dairy manufactures, markets & sells milk and milk products under the Mother Dairy brand (Milk, Cultured Products, Ice Creams, Paneer and Ghee), Dhara range of edible oils, Safal range of fresh Fruit & vegetables, Frozen Vegetables, Processed Fruit & Vegetable Products, Fruit Pulps & Concentrates in bulk aseptic packaging and fruit juices at a national level through its sales and distribution networks for marketing food items.
- Mother Dairy sources significant part of its requirement of liquid milk from dairy cooperatives.
- Similarly, Mother Dairy sources fruits and vegetables from farmers / growers associations.
- Mother Dairy also contributes to the cause of oilseeds grower cooperatives that manufacture/ pack the Dhara range of edible oils by undertaking to nationally market all Dhara products.
- It is Mother Dairy’s constant endeavor to ensure that milk producers and farmers regularly and continually receive market prices by offering quality milk, milk products and other food products to consumers at competitive prices and uphold institutional structures that empower milk producers and farmers through processes that are equitable.
HEAD QUARTERS: Delhi
YEAR FOUNDED: 1974
9. Vasudhara Dairy
- Vasudhara Dairy (Valsad District’s Milk Producers Union Ltd) is a dairy cooperative in India, headquartered in Alipore, approx 3 km from Chikhli, Gujarat.
- It produces and markets milk and ghee (clarified butter) for the local market under the Amul brand name.
- Its current capacity is 400,000 litres per day.
- It has branches (ice cream manufacturing plants) in Nagpur and Boisar.
- In 2005, Vasudhara Dairy planned to set up a new milk processing plant with a capacity of 200,000 l per day at Boisar, Maharashtra, to increase production capacity and to meet the growing market demand.
- Initially, the Boisar Dairy plant was envisaged with manual operation.
- After extensive considerations, Vasudhara Dairy decided to go for plantwide automation to reduce operating cost, and to provide consistent product quality.
- Vasudhara Dairy benefits from reduced operating costs, more consistent product quality, and flexible expansion capabilities thanks to a process control solution with Simatic PCS 7.
HEAD QUARTERS: Chikhli, Gujarat.
YEAR FOUNDED: 2005
10. Modern Dairies
- Modern Dairies, incorporated as Modern Dairies Limited on April 22,1992 under the Companies Act, 1956.
- The company obtained fresh certificate on February 13,1996 consequent to change of registered office from UT of Chandigarh to State of Haryana with effect from March 20,1996 from Registrar of Companies, NCT of Delhi & Haryana.
- It is a part of the Modern Business Group, headquarted in Chandigarh.
HEAD QUARTERS: Chandigarh
YEAR FOUNDED: 1992