List of Top Clothing Brands in India
- The Raymond Group was incorporated in 1925 and within a span of a few years, transformed from being an Indian textile major to a global conglomerate.
- In our endeavor to keep nurturing quality and leadership, we always choose the path untaken – from being the first in 1959 to introduce a polywool blend in India to creating the world’s finest suiting fabric the Super 250s made from the superfine 11.4 micron wool.
- Raymond group is vertically and horizontally integrated to provide customers total textile solutions.
- Few companies globally have such a diverse product range of nearly 20,000 varieties of worsted suiting to cater to customers across age groups, occasions and styles.
- We manufacture for the world the finest fabrics – from wool to wool-blended worsted suiting to specialty ring denims as well as high value shirting.
- After making a mark in textiles, Raymond forayed into garmenting through highly successful ventures like Silver Spark Apparel Ltd., EverBlue Apparel Ltd. (Jeanswear) and Celebrations Apparel Ltd. (Shirts).
- Raymond Vapi plant has won the Second Prize in the National Energy Conservation Award 2013.
- Raymond has been placed at the top of the ‘Textile and Garment’ segment as the ‘Most Admired Companies in India 2013’ by Fortune magazine.
- The Businessworld Most Respected Company Award 2011 in the Apparel & Textile category.
- Raymond has been ranked 20th in “The Brand Trust Report, India Study, 2011”.
- Images Fashion Awards 2009 – Most Admired Textile Brand of the Year
- Reader’s Digest – Platinum Trusted Brand, 2008
- Lyrca Images Fashion Awards 2008 – Most Admired Textile and suiting Brand of the Year
- CNBC Consumer Award 2007 – The Best Branded Readymade Garment and Textile.
HEAD QUARTERS: Mumbai
YEAR FOUNDED: 1925
REVENUE: 14.06 billion (US$230 million) (2013)
- Levi Strauss & Co. is a privately held American clothing company known worldwide for its Levi’s brand of denim jeans.
- It was founded in 1853.
- The company’s corporate headquarters is located at Levi’s Plaza in San Francisco.
- Levi Strauss started the business at the 90 Sacramento Street address in San Francisco.
- He next moved the location to 62 Sacramento Street then 63 & 65 Sacramento Street.
- The company employs a staff of approximately 10,500 people worldwide.
HEAD QUARTERS: San Francisco, California, U.S.
YEAR FOUNDED: 1853
- Lee is an American brand of denim jeans, first produced in 1889 in Salina, Kansas.
- The company is owned by VF Corporation, the largest apparel company in the world.
- Its headquarters is currently in Merriam, Kansas, just outside of Kansas City, Missouri.
- The company states that they are an international retailer and manufacturer of casual wear and work wear and that they have more than 400 employees in the United States.
HEAD QUARTERS: Merriam, Kansas, U.S.
YEAR FOUNDED: 1889
- We are a young company that firmly believes in its values and adheres to its ethics.
- Siyaram Silk Mills Limited has been founded on the principal of mutual respect and on appreciation of human capital.
- This simple philosophy has enabled us to manufacture quality products with ease and in the process, garner the love of our millions of patrons.
- For over three decades, Siyaram’s has been delivering blended high fashion shirting & suiting fabrics.
- The designs & styles of our blended high fashion apparels have had a rich & vibrant history of creating fashion trends.
- Siyaram’s is today the largest Indian manufacturer of blended fabrics and our products are available through an unparallel network of over 0.1 million outlets spread across India.
HEAD QUARTERS: Mumbai, Maharashtra
YEAR FOUNDED: 1978
- Spykar is a branded company of clothing.
- This company was set up in the year 1992
- Started company with vast technical knowledge and less capital investment and at present his company has 300 associate.
- This company mainly deals with Denim.
- To come up with new styles, cuts and fabric in the market company has special team consisting of dedicated merchandisers and designers.
- The type of clothing which this company manufactures includes- jeans, top, shirt, T- shirt etc.
- The company is based on strict code of ethics which is evident in its dealing with all its partners; namely employees, trade associates, vendors and the like.
HEAD QUARTERS: Goregan (East), Mumbai
YEAR FOUNDED: 1992
6. PETER ENGLAND
- Peter England is the largest menswear brand in India with over 5 million garments sold every year.
- First launched by Madura Fashion & Lifestyle (then known as Madura Garments) in the mid-price shirt segment in 1997, the company acquired the world rights for the brand in the year 2000.
- Peter England has a strong national presence with 625 exclusive stores and over 1600 multi-brand outlets in more than 300 towns.
- Peter England is universally accepted amongst its millions of consumers for its standardised fits, superior quality, wide range and ‘fashion-right’ styles in its segment, making it the most trusted brand amongst consumers in the readymade apparel category, as per a recent study conducted by Brand Equity, Economic Times.
HEAD QUARTERS: Bangalore
YEAR FOUNDED: 1997
7. PARK AVENUE
- Launched in 1986, Park Avenue provides stylish and innovative wardrobe solutions to well-dressed gentlemen.
- As India’s premium lifestyle brand, its designs embody the latest in international fabric, styling, colour and fashion trends.
- We cater to customer needs with formal clothing for varied occasions; be it for a day at office, high-powered corporate meetings, social gatherings or celebrations.
- Park Avenue evolved into an innovation brand offering leading new styles to the corporate world and won the ‘Most Admired Men’s Formalwear Brand ‘ at the Images Fashion Awards 2011.
- Park Avenue always believed in offering high standard customer service & delight.
- Keeping these values in mind, Park Avenue Exclusive Brand outlets are equipped with a warm & friendly ambience, trained sales staff to help & guide customers and exclusive collection offerings to deliver the best brand experience to the consumer.
HEAD QUARTERS: Thane, Maharashtra
YEAR FOUNDED: 1986
- Reliance’s Manufacturing Division at Naroda, Ahmedabad is one of the largest and most modern textile complexes in the world.
- The Company’s flagship brand VIMAL is one of the most trusted brands of premium textiles in the country
RIL is distinctly known for shepherding a new era in fabrics.
- The flagship brand VIMAL is one of the most trusted brands of premium textiles in the Country.
- With the commissioning of new investments in design, modern weaving, state-of-the-art finishing equipments, RIL continues to operate one of the most modern textile complexes in Asia.
- Major growth drivers for VIMAL continued to be retail presence across India, constant innovation in products, cost efficiency and improved customer service.
HEAD QUARTERS: Mumbai
9. LOUIS PHILIPPE
- Louis Philippe is a premier Indian brand of men’s apparel.
- It is a brand of Madura Fashion & Lifestyle,a division of the Aditya Birla Group.
- Louis Philippe symbolises elegance, class, status, and a lifestyle that is distinctly majestic and opulent.
- The brand draws its name and inspiration from King Louis Philippe of France, who was famed for his generosity of spirit and his appreciation of the arts.
- Garments under this brand combined the finest fabrics with designs inspired by the latest global trends, addressing the needs of the style-conscious contemporary male.
- The entire range of formals, semi-formals, knits, custom-made apparel, and accessories is inspired by the latest European fashion trends.
Louis Philippe was launched in India in 1989.
- The brand’s Franco-Italian lineage, combined with its focus on global fashion gives it an indisputable premium and an exclusive image.
HEAD QUARTERS: Bangalore
YEAR FOUNDED: 1989
Wrangler is an American manufacturer of jeans and other clothing items.
The brand is owned by the VF Corporation, who also own Lee, JanSport, and The North Face, among others.
Its headquarters is in downtown Greensboro, North Carolina in the United States, with production plants in a variety of locations throughout the world.
Wrangler Jeans were first made by Blue Bell, who acquired the brand when they took over Casey Jones in the mid-1940s.
Blue Bell employed Bernard Lichtenstein (‘Rodeo Ben’), a Polish tailor from Łódź who worked closely with cowboys, to help design jeans suitable for rodeo use.
Wrangler also has a line of music accessories targeted toward country music fans.
Wrangler also has a series of football commercials with Brett Favre playing a game of touch football in the mud.
HEAD QUARTERS: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
YEAR FOUNDED: 1940
11. LEE COOPER
- Lee Cooper Brand is a British clothing company, operating worldwide, that licenses the sale of many Lee Cooper-branded items, including denim jeans.
- The head office is located in London, United Kingdom.
- The company originally produced workwear for export, and began to specialise in denim jackets and trousers in the 1930s.
- In 2013, Iconix Brand Group acquired Lee Cooper from Sun Capital Partners
HEAD QUARTERS: London, United Kingdom
YEAR FOUNDED: 1908
12. PEPE JEANS
- Pepe Jeans London is a denim and casual wear jeans brand established in the Portobello Road area of London in 1973, and based in Sant Feliu de Llobregat, Spain.
- From its origins as a tiny market stall to a US$500 million brand, Pepe has transformed itself into a jeanswear label throughout Europe.
- The brand today has presence in more than 80 countries across the world.
- In 1973 it was originally just a weekend roadside stall on the Portobello Road Market located in west London established by three brothers.
- The brand was named “Pepe”, because it was a short word that could be written without much trouble
HEAD QUARTERS: Spain
YEAR FOUNDED: 1973
13. JOHN PLAYER
- ITC forayed into the youth fashion segment with the launch of John Players in December 2002 and John Players is committed to be the No. 1 fashion brand for the youth.
- This foray leverages ITC’s proven competencies in understanding consumer insights, brand building and design capabilities.
- John Players offers a complete and vibrant wardrobe of Casual wear, Party wear, Work wear, Denims, Outer wear and Suits & Jackets, incorporating the most contemporary trends, an exciting mix of colors, playful styling, trendy textures and comfortable fits.
- The brand is available across the country through a nation-wide network of over 400 exclusive stores and 1400 multi-brand outlets.
- 2013: Ranked 5th Most Exciting Brand in the apparel category by Brand Equity, ET
- 2013: Best Performing Partner, Men’s wear by Reliance Trends
- 2012: Ranked 9th Most Trusted Apparel Brand by Brand Equity, ET
- 2011: Ranked 8th Most Trusted Apparel Brand by Brand Equity, ET
- 2010: For Operational Excellence by Reliance Trends
- 2007: Most Admired Fashion Campaign, Images Fashion Award
HEAD QUARTERS: kolkata
YEAR FOUNDED: 2002
- Ramraj Cotton started out small in the year 1983.
- The company was started with single, unwavering vision – to deliver quality men’s ethnic wear to people in the southern states.
- With several years of marketing experience to back him, Mr. K.R. Nagarajan understood one simple success mantra – the power of branding.
- He understood that if his product has to stand out, people need to identify it by a brand name. That’s how the brand Ramraj was born.
- The company’s mantra of quality without compromise was the driving force behind its astounding success, even during those early years.
- Slowly but surely, the company made definite inroads into the South Indian market.
HEAD QUARTERS: Tiruppur, Tamil Nadu
YEAR FOUNDED: 1983
15. VAN HEUSEN
- Van Heusen is a premium lifestyle brand for men, women and youth.
- Launched in India in 1990, Van Heusen is yet another success story from the Madura Fashion & Lifestyle stabl
- The brand embodies fashion for the corporate and reflects the current expression of elegance in today’s context.
- Van Heusen believes that the design drivers for the brand are fashion and sophistication.
- The brand covers all aspects of an individual’s clothing needs, be it corporate wear, casual wear, party wear or ceremonial wear, making it a complete lifestyle brand in the truest sense.
- The core audience is professionals and corporate executives – men and women who are successful, focused, articulate, well-traveled, confident and have a sense of style about them.
- They pursue success just as they do their other interests and passions, learning and exploring everything that comes their way.
HEAD QUARTERS: Bangalore
YEAR FOUNDED: 1990
16. GWALIOR SUITINGS
- We are the manufacturer of P/V synthetic and Worsted Suiting in India.
- Fibre2fashion.com was established in 2000 and is owned and promoted by San Blue Enterprises Pvt.
- It is amongst the world’s largest B2B platforms for the global Textile-Apparel and Fashion industry, unbiased and committed to serving the demands of the entire value chain.
- We are not only an e-trade platform facilitating the sourcing & marketing requirements but also a provider of first-hand information on various aspects of textile, apparel and fashion industries, 24×7, globally.
- Fibre2fashion also helps small, medium and large business houses from across the globe to capture and increase their market share by providing cost effective and innovative brand promotion solutions for reaching to the largest international target audience in the shortest time.
HEAD QUARTERS: Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
YEAR FOUNDED: 1948
17. MAYUR SUITINGS
- Mayur Suitings is a premium brand, and has been a proven, all-time favourite of a galaxy of stars.
- Produced at the Gulabpura unit of RSWM Limited, Mayur has been delivering the best to meet the ever-growing demands of the Clothing and Fashion industry, in the domestic as well as the international markets.
- In recent years, RSWM has restructured its business portfolio and is today seen as a textile company manufacturing and marketing fabrics and ready-to-wear clothing under its own brands.
- The company manufactures over hundreds of design-shade combinations and in solids each year in various blends.
- An enlivening blend of exposure to global fashion trends and expertise ensures that we are abreast of and pioneering innovative future trends.
HEAD QUARTERS: Noida
18. S KUMAR’S
- S.Kumars, a household name in India, is synonymous with the term, ‘Value for Money’ and is a market leader in uniforms.
- Building on the six decade philosophy of providing Value for Money to customers by providing the best in quality at an affordable price, S.Kumars has embarked upon a growth path to become a leading global textile player with special emphasis on uniforms.
- A front runner in the manufacturing and marketing of a vast array of fabrics, S.Kumars has a country-wide distribution network of around 200 dealers and an extensive network of retail outlets reaching every corner of the country.
- S.Kumars covers a wide gamut of industries with products ranging from Uniforms and Workday Wear to Corporate Wear.
- S.Kumars fabrics are used by the likes of the army, navy and several schools and institutions.
HEAD QUARTERS: Andheri (West) Mumbai
19. ARROW SHIRTINGS
- Before the washing machine, shirts had to be scrubbed and starched by hand. This was an arduous process.
- In 1851, Ebenezer Brown recognized the possibilities in the detachable collar industry and began manufacturing collars in the back of his general store in Troy, NY.
- This modest beginning would eventually lead to the introduction of the ARROW brand in 1885 as a pioneer in men’s fashion
HEAD QUARTERS: Bangalore
YEAR FOUNDED: 1885
- Zodiac – one of the largest shirt companies in the world, designs, manufactures and sells quality shirts to the best brands and stores across the globe.
- The company is in the business of men’s fashion for the last 58 years and is benchmarked in India for providing discerning customers the finest quality clothing.
- The manufacturing capacity of all its facilities put together is close to 60,00,000 units per annum.
- India’s only listed clothing company showing profits consistently, Zodiac has a significant stable and growing private label and branded business.
- Over the years, Zodiac has set up overseas design offices in the major fashion capitals of the world, namely Dusseldorf, London and New York, enabling it to collectively develop the range, based on the latest global fashion.
HEAD QUARTERS: Worli, Mumbai
YEAR FOUNDED: 1973