List of Top Chocolate Manufacturers in India
1. Amul Chocolates
- Amul is an Indian dairy cooperative, based at Anand in the state of Gujarat, India.
- Amul chocolates are made with high quality ingredients and processed with world class technology
- We offer festival specific packs as well to meet customer needs
- Amul offers mithaimate which competes with Milkmaid by Nestle by offering more fat at lower price.
- In August 2007, Amul introduced Kool Koko, a chocolate milk brand extending its product offering in the milk products segment.
- Amul wins World Dairy Innovation Awards – 2014
- Amul receives Srishti Good Green Governance award for the year 2013
- GCMMF Receives Prestigious CNN-IBN Innovating for a Better Tomorrow Award
- Amul wins AIMA High Performance Brand Award-2013 for brand Amul
- GCMMF wins the SAP Award for Customer Excellence (SAPACE) 2013 under the category of “Best Run Award in Finance”
- ET-Corporate Citizen Award of the Year 2010-11 to GCMMF
- Amul receives Green Globe Foundation Award
HEAD QUARTERS: Anand, Gujarat
YEAR FOUNDED: 1946
REVENUE: US$3.1 billion (2013–14)
2. Mondelez India Foods (cadbury)
- Cadbury is a British multinational confectionery company owned by Mondelēz International.
- It is the second largest confectionery brand in the world after Wrigley’s.
- Cadbury is headquartered in Uxbridge in Greater London and operates in more than fifty countries worldwide.
- Cadbury is best known for its confectionery products including the Dairy Milk chocolate, the Creme Egg, and the Roses selection box.
- Cadbury was established in Birmingham in 1824, by John Cadbury who sold tea, coffee and drinking chocolate.
- Dairy Milk chocolate, introduced in 1905, used a higher proportion of milk within the recipe compared with rival products.
- By 1914, the chocolate was the company’s best-selling product.
- Cadbury Bournville ‘Tape a Tweet’ in Best Media Innovation- Digital/Video category
- Cadbury Celebrations ‘Songs for Sisters’ in Best Media Innovations- Radio category
- Cadbury Celebrations ‘Songs for Sisters’ in Best Media Strategy- Consumer Products category
- Cadbury Celebrations ‘Take Some Effort, Make Some Time’ in Best Media Strategy- Consumer Products category
- Cadbury Dairy Milk ‘Purple, New Colour Of Friendship’ in Best Media Innovation- Ambient Media category
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Silk ‘A Newspaper with Heart’ in Best Media Innovation category
HEAD QUARTERS: Mumbai, Maharashtra
YEAR FOUNDED: 1824
3. Nestle India
- Nestlé is the world’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness company.
- Our mission of “Good Food, Good Life” is to provide consumers with the best tasting, most nutritious choices in a wide range of food and beverage categories and eating occasions, from morning to night.
- The Company was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestlé in Vevey, Switzerland, where our headquarters are still located today.
- We employ around 2,80,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
- The Nestlé Corporate Business Principles (pdf, 1 Mb) are at the basis of our Company’s culture, developed over 140 years, which reflects the ideas of fairness, honesty and long-term thinking.
HEAD QUARTERS: Gurgaon
YEAR FOUNDED: 1866
4. Mars Chocolate
- In 1911, Frank C. Mars made the first Mars candies in his Tacoma, Washington kitchen and established Mars’ first roots as a confectionery company.
- In the 1920s, Forrest E. Mars, Sr. joined his father in business and together they launched the MILKY WAY bar.
- Mars was founded by Frank C. Mars and is a company that is known for the confectionery items that it creates,such as Milky Way, M&M’s, Twix, Skittles, Snickers, and the Mars bar.
YEAR FOUNDED: 1911
- The Central Arecanut and Cocoa Marketing and Processing Co-operative Limited or CAMPCO was found on 11 July 1973 at Mangalore.
- The organisation working on principles of co-operative was found to mitigate the sufferings of arecanut and cocoa growers in Indian states of Karnataka and Kerala.
- The CAMPCO has now extended its services to other states of India like Assam and Goa also.
- The CAMPCO has now become multi state co-operative under relevant Indian laws.
- The organisation is mainly into procurement, marketing, selling and processing of arecanut and cocoa.
- The company also provides guidance for farmers for growing arecanut and cocoa.
HEAD QUARTERS: Mangalore
YEAR FOUNDED: 1973
6. Ferrero India
- The great leader of the Group’s development is Michele Ferrero.
- With the desire to make and create new products with state-of-the-art ideas, he has revolutionised the food habits of millions of consumers.
- The company places great emphasis on secrecy, reportedly to guard against industrial espionage.
- It has never held a press conference and does not allow media visits to its plants. Ferrero’s products are made with machines designed by an in-house engineering department.
YEAR FOUNDED: 1946
7. Chocon India
- The Mahak saga began way back in the year of 1994 from the Malanpur facility with the launch of bottled Mineral Water with brand name “Pio-Pio” in food grade PP Tumblers and Bottles.
- The group expanded its operations by adding a new product line for manufacturing of ethnic sweets with brand “Milk N Nut” in year 1998.
This was laced with Milk, coconut and sugar.
- As a footnote, though sweets do not enjoy a long shelf life, this particular product can last for upto nine months due to value-added preservatives in it.
- The Mahak-ites have even developed a Fruit Yoghurt flavoured Fruit Jel with brand name Frugurt in ready to eat packaging with a shelf life of 6 months.
- The group further expanded by way of setting up a new unit in the year 2004 at Parwanoo (HimachalPradesh) with latest ultra-modern Plant & Machinery.
HEAD QUARTERS: New Delhi
YEAR FOUNDED: 1998
8. Parle Chocolate
- Parle Products has been India’s largest manufacturer of biscuits and confectionery for almost 80 years.
- Makers of the world’s largest selling biscuit, Parle-G, and a host of other very popular brands, the Parle name symbolizes quality, nutrition and great taste.
- With a reach spanning even to the remotest villages of India, the company has definitely come a very long way since its inception.
- Many of the Parle products – biscuits or confectioneries, are market leaders in their category and have won acclaim at the Monde Selection, since 1971.
- With a 40% share of the total biscuit market and a 15% share of the total confectionary market in India, Parle has grown to become a multi-million dollar company.
- While to the consumers it’s a beacon of faith and trust, competitors look upon Parle as an example of marketing brilliance.
We are extremely delighted to announce that we have been Ranked 7th in the Brand Equity’s Most Trusted Brand 2012.
HEAD QUARTERS: Mumbai, Maharashtra
YEAR FOUNDED: 1929
9. Lotus Chocolates
- Lotus Chocolates take great pride in being one of India’s select manufacturers of the finest chocolates, cocoa products and cocoa derivatives.
- Our products are supplied to chocolate makers and chocolate users across the world, from local bakeries to multi – national companies.
- Incorporated in 1988 and having commenced operations in 1992, Lotus is well known as a reliable business partner for the supply of cocoa and chocolate products.
- Located just 55km from Hyderabad in Telangana (South India), one of India’s fastest growing cities, we have the added advantage of close proximity to the cocoa growing areas of South India.
- Equipped with sophisticated machinery from Germany, UK, Denmark, and Italy, and backed by stringent quality processes, we ensure that our chocolate is developed with its own unique flavour – a flavour that leaves a smile of savored happiness.
HEAD QUARTERS: Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
YEAR FOUNDED: 1992
10. ITC CANDYMAN
- ITC launched the ‘Candyman’ range of confectioneries in August 2002.
- Candyman Choco Double eclairs launched in 2007 further extended the successful trend of the brand.
- Choco Double eclairs has choco on the outside and inside expected to delight your senses.
- In line with the strategy to provide innovative flavours and formats to consumers Candyman Lacto Creme Centre was launched in June 2008 and Candyman Toffichoo Strawberry in early 2009.
- Candyman Lacto Creme Center is the only Lacto with a yummy cream filled Center, and Candyman Toffichoo is a luscious fruit flavored soft and chewy toffee.
- The newest launch to the portfolio in 2013 is Candyman Crème Lacto with a crunchy Caramel shell filled with rich crème center to take the consumer on a rider FULL of CRÈME.
HEAD QUARTERS: Kolkata
YEAR FOUNDED: 2002