List of Top BCA Colleges In India
We examined the most prestigious BCA Colleges in India to find the best of the best.
1. Christ University, Bangalore
LOCATION: Hosur Road , Bangalore,
CONTACT: 080 – 40129100
- Christ University, Bangalore, formerly Christ College (Autonomous) affiliated to Bangalore University was established in 1969.
It has the rare distinction of being the first institution in Karnataka to be accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) UGC for quality education.
- In 2004, UGC conferred Autonomy on the Institution. In 2005, it became the first College in South India to be reaccredited with A+ by NAAC.
- In 2008, the college declared it as Deemed to be University, in the name and style of Christ University.
- The college became the most preferred educational institution in the city of Bangalore within the first three decades.
- By the introduction of innovative and modern curriculum, insistence on academic discipline, imparting of holistic education and with the help of the creative and dedicated staff, Christ College has been continually rated among the top 10 educational institutions of the country.
- Master of Arts in Applied Economics
- Master of Arts in Philosophy
- Master of Arts in English with Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Botany
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology, Chemistry, Zoology
The values which guide us at Christ University are:
- Faith in God
- Moral Uprightness
- Love of Fellow Beings
- Social Responsibility
- Pursuit of Excellence
- The holistic development of an individual is attained through academic excellence and professional competence, personal, inter-personal and societal skills.
- The university is committed to its mission and vision in all its endeavours.
- The holistic development involves our participation in our national dreams and aspirations and our dedication to promote national integration, religious harmony and secularism.
- Academic Brilliance
- Professional Competence
- Information Technology
- Goal Perception
- Character Formation
- Value Consciousness and Moral Integrity
- Spiritual Development
Emotional Poise: –
- Self knowledge and Self Esteem and Self Confidence
- Courage and Conviction
- Communication Skills and Linguistic Ability
- Physical Development and Vitality
- Team Work
- Leadership Skills
- Empathy and Sensitivity
- Commitment to Society
- Responsibilities to Environment
- Awareness of Cultural Heritage
- Commitment to Society
- Futuristic VisionKnowledge about Indian Constitution
2. Department of Computer Applications – SRM University, Chennai
LOCATION: West Mambalam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- SRM University is one of the top ranking universities in India with over 38,000 students and more than 2600 faculty across all the campus, offering a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in Engineering, Management, Medicine and Health sciences, and Science and Humanities.
- Department of Computer Applications – SRM University, Chennai was established with the objective to innovate the areas of Computer Applications and to advance and enhance commercial application and visual application development.
- The department emphasizes value based quality education in Computer Application and the curriculum reflects the depth and width of Computer Application where emphasis is laid on practical understanding of technology; and offers the three year degree in Bachelors of Computer Applications.
- SRM University has been consistent to maintain excellence in the academic standards since its inception.
- Learning is an enjoyable experience here, with experienced faculty, inspiring libraries and stimulating discussion rooms, large playgrounds and state-of-the-art labs.
- With a view to impart quality education SRM University functions at three campuses.
- Master of Computer Application
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Computer Application
VISION AND MISSION:
- To emerge as a World – Class University in creating and disseminating knowledge, and providing students a unique learning experience in Science, Technology, Medicine, Management and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the world and betterment of mankind.
- MOVE UP through international alliances and collaborative initiatives to achieve global excellence.
- ACCOMPLISH A PROCESS to advance knowledge in a rigorous academic and research environment.
- ATTRACT AND BUILD PEOPLE in a rewarding and inspiring environment by fostering freedom, empowerment, creativity and innovation.
RESEARCH AT SRM:
- SRM is committed to creation of knowledge through research across all academic disciplines.
- Focus areas include Nanotechnology, Bio engineering, Info, Energy, Environment, Materials and Embedded systems.
- Joint research project on rural healthcare, in collaboration with Queen’s University, Canada.
3. Institute of Management Studies (IMS), Noida
LOCATION: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
CONTACT: 0120 – 4798800
- Institute of Management Studies (IMS), Noida established in 1998, is a premier management institute known for its academic excellence and value-based education.
- IMS has collaborations with several universities overseas and seeks to imbibe a global mindset in its students.
- There is also a strong focus on research and IMS encourages its faculty and students to undertake consultancy projects with corporate.
- The institute believes in academic excellence, social responsibility and professional and personal growth of students and faculty.
- IMS NOIDA runs under the auspices of IMS Society which is a non-profit making body.
- The society was constituted in 1996 by a group of leading academicians and the honchos of the corporate in North India.
- Class Rooms
- Lecture Halls
- Seminar Halls
- Computer Labs
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- Master of Computer Application
- Bachelor of Computer Application
- Master of Bussiness Administration in International Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration
MISSION AND VISION:
- To Serve the Society and enhance the quality of through excellence and leadership in professionally relevant Education as an academic community which is out word looking and committed to innovation and life long learning
- We want to empower individuals no matter where they are from with all the knowledge and guidance that they need to become worthy management professionals.
- It will always be our endeavour to develop truly effective, flexible and integrated management study programme for the benefit of one and all.
- The placement and training cell functions under the supervision of a full time placement officer and operates all around the year to arrange campus interviews by the companies.
- It plays a very crucial role in counseling and guiding the students for their successful placement.
- Placement and training cell of the institute functions with the main objective of shaping the students to be readily deployable by industry.
4. Madras Christian College (MCC), Chennai
LOCATION: Tambaram , Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Madras Christian College (MCC), Chennai established in 1837 as a School in the black town of Madras.
- The Institution was built and its character shaped by a host of Scottish missionaries such as Anderson and Miller, Hogg and Boyd.
- Many dedicated Indian teachers as well as generations of brilliant students contribute to its success story.
- The college is known as much for its academic standing and leadership building as it is for social commitment.
- Today the college has more than 5000 students (both ladies and gentlemen as they are traditionally called) and over 220 faculty members serving in 31 departments.
- It is a matter of pride that the institution is ranked among the top ten liberal arts and science colleges in India and also received the rating of A+ (equivalent to 90-95%) by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Computer Lab
- Class Rooms
- Commodious Halls
- Residence Halls
- Madras Christian College has always been one of the most preferred sources for campus recruitment for corporate and other recruiters, both Indian and Overseas.
- It is a matter of pride that the Alumni of Madras Christian College are now business heads and even global leaders.
- The objective of the placement cell is to provide a platform that would bridge various companies across the globe with their talented students who have been nurtured with the best and the noble of this institution so as to be beacons of light wherever they go.
GOVT AIDED COURSES:
Plant Biology & Plant Biotechnology
SELF FINANCED COURSES:
Business Administration (BBA)
Computer Science [BCA]
Computer Science [MCA]
Marine Studies and Coastal Resource Management
Geography, Tourism & Travel Management
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF ALUMNI:
- The goals and objectives of the alumni association are contained in the constitution of the Alumni Association adopted in 1963 as its purposes:
- To foster and perpetuate friendship and cooperation among the alumni through Publications
- Central, regional and local alumni associations
- Small informal group meetings of alumni
- Visits of the members of the faculty and administration of the College to alumni centres
- Maintaining an active alumni head quarters on the College campus
- Organizing reunions on the College campus or other places
- Celebrations in alumni centres
- To further the social, literary and cultural interests of the alumni and alumnae through the publication of articles, through functions and meetings of the associations, and in other ways.
5. Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research – SICSR – Pune
LOCATION: Pune, Maharashtra,
CONTACT: +91 020 – 2567 5601
- SICSR, celebrating its 25th year was one of the first Institutes in Maharashtra to offer high quality computer education.
- SICSR is located in the heart of Pune City. Our location, our broad portfolio of academic IT programmes, our talented and diverse student body, and our dedicated faculty members work together to create an educational experience that is relevant, enriching, and uniquely Symbiosis.
- If you are considering IT education, we invite you to explore Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research (SICSR).
- SICSR has outstanding IT infrastructure available to support the programmes besides its excellent book collection and reference library.
VISION AND MISSION:
SICSR shall be the leading Techno-Management Institution in the field of Information Technology.
SICSR shall continuously improve the quality of academic programmes and create a unique environment conducive for the overall development of students
Masters of Science in Computer Applications
Master of Business Administration in IT
Bachelors of Business Administration in IT
Bachelors of Computer Applications
GOALS FOR PG PROGRAMMES:
Expected to provide industry ready professionals
Our Aim is to “Build IT leaders for the IT industry worldwide”
Professionals who are productive on Day One
Leverage Technology to meet Business Goals
6. Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mersa
LOCATION: Mesra , Ranchi, Jharkhand
CONTACT: +91 651 2275444/2275896
- Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mersa was established in 1955.
- The institute has been accredited by NAAC, NBA established by the UGC and AICTE respectively.
- The institute started by the philanthropist-industrialist Mr. B M Birla with a vision to be recognized as a world-class learning institution for engineering and technology by providing the highest-quality academic programmes.
- The college has been catering to the manpower needs of almost all the major sectors of the economy since the last five decades.
- BIT alumni are amongst the leaders of the industry, both in India and abroad.
- BIT Mesra had been conceived with a vision to be recognized as a world-class learning institution for engineering and technology.
- But it has moved beyond the fulfillment of a scholastic promise to re-defining education in the new age through creation of aptitude and comprehensive intelligence.
- The institute located at Mesra, about 16 kms from Ranchi, the jharkhand state-capital.
- A hub of commercial and trade activities in Eastern India, Ranchi is well-connected to the rest of the country through regular flights from major airports as well as through well developed rail and road networks.
- It has campuses in Jaipur, Patna, Deoghar, Kolkata, Lalput, Noida, Allahabad, Muskat and Ras Al Khaimah.
Bachelor of Science in Food Processing Technology
Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology
Bachelor of Architecture
Bachelor of Pharmacy
Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Operation
Engineering and Technology
Hotel Management and catering mangement
- The campus recruitment program of BIT has for more than five decades, successfully met the needs of different sectors of the Industry.
- The campus recruitment program is organized as a central activity for BIT students from across all the centres at the Mesra campus as also separately at the Jaipur, Noida, Kolkata & Patna campuses.
7. Presidency College Bangalore
LOCATION: Kempapura, Hebbal , Bangalore, Karnataka,
CONTACT: 080 42478700, 9243117175
- The world of tomorrow will not be the same as the world of today.
- Industry now demands a new generation of professionals, who can think different, innovate, understand the robust corporate synergies and provide the apposite leadership to take organizations to greater heights.
- The Presidency College, Bengaluru, India, offers the unique opportunity to face this challenge through enriched learning, academic excellence, professional training and enabling corporate exposure.
- Established in the year 2000, the institution provides a world class learning facility, in a competitive yet corroborative atmosphere, to help the students gain the winning advantage for a successful career and value oriented living.
- The Student Forum, established and supported by the college offers the students an opportunity to discover and develop their hidden talents through an array of student clubs.
The clubs are governed through committees comprising students and headed by faculty members. The student committees are responsible for organizing and conducting various events and activities.
- The clubs are well supported both organizationally and financially by the college and special care is given to the clubs to maintain their activity and enthusiasm level. Some of the clubs are:
- Foreign Language Club
- Personality Development Club
- Computer & Advanced Technology Club
- Sports Club
- Business Club
- Literary and Cultural Club
- An experienced senior person from the corporate sector having a wide industry network leads the Placement Cell.
- Staff & students ably support the Placement Cell through the placement committee.
- The cell is growing stronger over the years by developing contacts with a large number of corporates.
- At Presidency Business School, we believe in “Gain more knowledge, Reach greater heights”.
Presidency Business School seeks to create corporate leaders who are equipped with the vision and knowledge necessary to integrate corporate profitability with collective value.
- Presidency Business School has developed a system-wide approach on the management program and practices with wide research-based planning and evaluation processes that incorporate a systematic review of programs and services that results in continuing improvement, and demonstrates that the institution is effectively accomplishing its mission.
The Presidency Business School assessment of institutional effectiveness program incorporates the assessment of
- Its educational programs
- Its administrative and educational support services and whether it achieves these outcomes and
Provides evidence of improvement based on analysis of those results.
FACULTY AND RESEARCH:
- The faculty is the principal driver of change.
- They are directly involved in every aspect of the Institute: academics, summer internship, research, consultancy and Industry training programs.
- The strength of PBS is its faculty, comprising the best in the field, scholars and experts from industry and academics.
- These distinguished faculty members bring in their rich experience in the class rooms and creates a conducive learning environment to the students.
- The campus is technologically advance with latest gadgets fitted to a/c class rooms makes the learning process more apt and visiting faculty members from diverse fields add vitality and vibrancy to the learning environment at the campus.
- Few of the faculty members serve on executive committees and policy formulation boards of private domain.
- They include cooperative societies, NGO and financial institutions.
- Such involvement helps institute and students in knowing the current happenings and for Academic Programme updates.
8. University College, Kurukshetra
LOCATION: Kurukshetra, Haryana
CONTACT: 01744 – 238169
- University College, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra is a co-educational institution offering courses up to undergraduate level.
- University College is Maintained and administered by Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra, It is NAAC Accredited and one of the oldest colleges of Haryana.
- It enjoys the singular distinction of being a college maintained by Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, which is well-reputed at the national level in general and in North India in particular.
- It is because of these rare merits that the college attracts a huge number of admission seekers every year from all over the country.
- Currently as many as 27 different departments having nearly 2500 students on rolls are being run by the college, covering all the disciplines-Arts, Commerce, Science, BTM and Honors courses in three subjects.
- The college has a team of 67 full time teachers and 40 teachers as guest faculty. The non-teaching staff consisting of 67 employees is fully cooperating in the functioning of the college.
- It is housed in one of the oldest and artistically planned buildings ever come up on the most hygienic and pollution-free environment of the University Campus.
Faculty of Arts
Faculty of Commerce
Faculty of Science
CO CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
- Culture as we know is the sweetest fruit that ever has grown on the tree of human intellect.
- Our students brought laurels to the college in a number of activities under the dynamic leadership ofDr.
C.D.S. Kaushal with a team of dedicated teachers.
- The commencement of the academic session was marked by a well organized and largely attended talent show competition.
- The student artistes put up an enthusiastic performance in the different events of the competition namely quiz, playing instruments, mono – acting, poetical symposium, declamation, painting, singing and dancing.
- The participants adjudged first, second and third in each event were awarded prizes by the Youth and Cultural Affairs Department of the University.
9. Stella Maris College, Chennai
- Stella Maris College, Chennai was established in 1947, is a Catholic minority institution of higher education for women.
- The College is an autonomous institution and is affiliated to the University of Madras.
- It is run by the Society of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary, a religious congregation founded by Blessed Mary of the Passion (Helene de Chappotin) in Ootacamund, Tamil Nadu in 1877.
- The college is committed to serving the economically and socially marginalized sections of society and provides university education in a Christian atmosphere for students, especially those belonging to the Catholic community.
- The College is at the forefront of higher education in India by virtue of its commitment to academic excellence through periodic revision and updating of its curriculum based on stakeholder feedback.
- The curriculum promotes national development, fosters global competencies and facilitates skills training to meet the challenges of a competitive workplace.
- It offers students flexibility and a wide range of programs which includes both traditional Arts and Science courses and more contemporary ones, in emerging areas such as International Studies, Information Technology, Bioinformatics and Biotechnology.
Master of Science in Biotechnology
Bachelor of Arts in History
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
Bachelor of Arts in Economics
Bachelor of Arts in History of Fine Arts, Drawing and Painting
- The career guidance cell, a branch of the Stella Maris alumnae association, plays a major role in conducting training programs and facilitating campus recruitment for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Career oriented training programs are organized for final year students.
- In the second half of the academic year, the activities of the CGC are focused on organizing campus placement drives, career guidance programs and orientation on options for higher education.
10. Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore
LOCATION: Vellore, Tamil Nadu
CONTACT: 91-416-2243091 / 93
- VIT University was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards.
- It persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education on a consistent basis.
- Our Memoranda of Understanding with various international universities are our major strength.
- They provide for an exchange of students and faculty and encourage joint research projects for the mutual benefit of these universities.
- Many of our students, who pursue their research projects in foreign universities, bring high quality to their work and esteem to India and have done us proud.
- With steady steps, we continue our march forward.
- The campus has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with students from all corners of the globe.
- Experienced and learned teachers are strongly encouraged to nurture the students.
- The global standards set at VIT in the field of teaching and research spur us on in our relentless pursuit of excellence.
- The highly motivated youngsters on the campus are a constant source of pride.
- At VIT, semester pattern is followed. An academic year consists of two semesters.
- The Fall (Odd) Semester begins in June and the Winter (Even) Semester in December.
- The academic schedule mentioned in the academic calendar will be strictly followed.
Qualified faculty members assigned with various theory subjects prepare course plans using the standard format provided by the institute with emphasis on ‘learning’ of the students.
The instructional or lecture delivery of the faculty will be through a set of Educational Technology / Tools opted by the faculty. The lectures lay emphasis on the following:
- Knowledge content (topics in the curriculum)
- Utility value – application in real life
- Latest developments
PLACEMENT AND OBJECTIVES:
- VIT University has been a consistent topper for several years in the list of campus placement records among private institutions in India.
- It is proud that its graduates are highly rated by employers from industry and commerce in the private and public sectors.
- Offering information, advice, guidance and support for job-seeking students is considered a primary responsibility at the University.
- The Placement and Training Centre is provided with a well-equipped conference training room and separate, well-furnished rooms for interviews and counselling.
- To organize campus interviews for final year students with industries and business houses of repute from all over India.
- To prepare students to face campus interviews by arranging training in Aptitude tests, group discussions, preparing for Technical and HR interviews through professional trainers and VIT alumni.
- To promote career counseling by organising guidance lectures by senior corporate personnel and most importantly by the immediately placed senior students.
VISION MISSION AND QUALITY POLICY:
We at VIT University will impart futuristic technical education and instil high patterns of discipline through our dedicated staff, who shall set global standards, making our students technologically superior and ethically strong, who in turn shall improve the quality of life of the human race.
Our mission is to educate students from all over India, including those from the local and rural areas, and from other countries, so they become enlightened individuals, improving the living standards of their families, industry and society.
We will provide individual attention, world-class quality education and take care of character building.
We at VIT University aspire to establish a system of Quality Assurance, which would on a continuous basis evaluate and monitor the quality of education and training imparted at the Institute, improve the teaching-learning process and ultimately, develop the Institute as a Centre of Excellence.