List of Arts Colleges in Delhi
- Aditi Mahavidyalaya, one of the premier institutions of higher education, was founded in 1994.
- Aditi in Indian mythology means the Mother Earth who gave birth to the Puranic Gods.
- Aditi Mahavidyalaya too, fortunately, still has the feel of the nature. So it is not a mere coincidence that Aditi
- Mahavidyalaya was founded to honour the strength of Indian women and to bring out the talent latent in the daughters of the raw ethnic India.
- Aditi Mahavidyalaya aims to bring diverse streams of college education to the students of the northwest Delhi.
Address: Delhi-Auchandi Road, Bawana, Delhi
Year Founded: 1994
Amity Institute of English and Business Communication
- The Amity Institute of English Studies and Research was instituted with the guidance of the Founder President Dr. Ashok Chauhan under Amity University Uttar Pradesh in the year 2005.
- At present AIEBC consists of 20 well-qualified and experienced faculty members who are actively engaged in teaching, training and research.
- Besides, AIEBC has an Academic Programme Officer and other support staffs to create the right learning environment.
- AIEBC is also engaged in teaching English/ Business communication courses to different programmes of Amity University as a value added course.
Address: Sector -125, Noida, UP
Amity School of Fine Arts
- The Amity Institutions have attracted a wealth of academic talent, and are acclaimed for quality, with the Amity Business School ranked top private Business School for the last three years, and Amity University ranked number one private university in India.
- ASFA is well equipped with modern infrastructure including spacious painting studios, 2D Animation Lab, Hi-Tech Computer Lab, Macintosh Computer Lab, Print Making Labs etc which ensures that students get all these facilities easily and as and when they require.
- Apart from usual practical and theory courses students can join various clubs and committees to enhance their personality.
Address: Sector-125, Express Highway, NOIDA
Apeejay Institute of Design
- The Apeejay Education Society (AES), registered on 4th December, 1967 under the Societies Act XXI of 1860 at Jalandhar (Punjab) is sponsored by the renowned industrial House of Apeejay
- At Apeejay Education Society, we strive to build institutions that uphold the highest professional standards of excellence in education and innovative instructional practices as their raison d’etre.
- To create a global educational community of conscientious individuals who have developed their intellectual, artistic and professional talents to the highest degree, and who have an exalted sense of purpose in their lives, inspiring all around them to transcend barriers, overcome odds and work in unison to bring about positive change in society.
Address: 59,Tughalakabad Institutional Area, Mehrauli-Badarpur Road, Delhi
Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College
- Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College, formerly Sanatan Dharma College,is a Co-educational Constituent College of the University of Delhi.
- The college was founded on August 3, 1959 by the Sanatan Dharma Sabha (Rawalpindi), Delhi.
- The college has an impressive double-storeyed building comprising Class rooms and a Seminar room, Departmental rooms, well-equipped Physics, Chemistry, Computer, Electronics, Biology laboratories, a well-stocked Excellent Library , Common Rooms for girls and boys, a Canteen, and an Administrative Block.
- The College maintains beautiful lawns, spacious playgrounds and elaborated sports facilities.
- NCC, NSS and Dramatic society is also in the college for the students.
Address: Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi
Year Founded: 1959
Bhim Rao Ambedkar College
- Bhim Rao Ambedkar College came into existence in 1991 during the Birth centenary Year of Bharat Ratna Bhim Rao Ambedkar.
- It is a constituent College of University of Delhi and is sponsored by Govt. of Delhi.
- Co-educational Institution, it is maintaining its incessant momentum on the path of progress since its inception.
- With the dedicated staff, the College is a manifestation of his foresighted and motivational spirit.
- The Principal and staff have thus placed the college firmly on its pioneering tracks, preparing students for their fruitful and responsible future.
Address: Main Wazirabad Road, Yamuna Vihar, Delhi
Year Founded: 1991
- Bharati College, one of the top women’s college in West Delhi, is a constituent college of the University of Delhi is located in a serene and scenic campus and caters to about 2000 students, offering instruction in eleven disciplines in the Arts and Social Sciences and students can opt for honours courses in 8 of them.
- The College also offers a Master’s course in Hindi.
- Besides their academic commitments, students must also participated in co-curricular activities ( NSS, NCC and Sports).
- The College has a very active cell of the National Service Scheme as well as a very capable and enthusiastic wing of the National Cadet Corps.
Address: C-4, Janakpuri, New Delhi
College Of Vocational Studies
- The College of Vocational Studies, a co-educational college, is a University of Delhi maintained institution of higher learning.
- It was founded in 1972.
- It is among the poineer institutions in the country to offer vocational education, bridging gap between traditional university education and the changing socio-economic environment.
- In addition to vocational courses the college is also offerring an opportunity to the students to study Honours Courses in Commerce, Economics, History, Business Economics and Computer Science.
Address: Triveni(Sheikh Sarai), Phase-ll, New Delhi
Year Founded: 1972
Daulat Ram College
- Daulat Ram College is a premier educational institution for women in Delhi, India, founded by an educationist, late Shri Daulat Ram Gupta in 1960.
- It is a prestigious women’s college engaged in imparting liberal education to women.
- The college, a large constituent college of the University ofthe Delhi, originally started as ‘Pramila College” at 22 Tilak Marg, Delhi with 13 members of teaching staff, two office staff and about 350 students.
- In 1964, the college shifted to its present premises in North Campus, University of Delhi and was re-named as ‘Daulat Ram College‘.
- The institution has since grown into a full fledged extended college of University of Delhi.
Address: 4, Patel Chest Marg, Delhi
Year Founded: 1960
Delhi College of Arts & Commerce
- Delhi College of Arts & Commerce, premier higher educational institution, imparts holistic professional and vocational education.
- The college provides a dynamic learning environment to its students to pursue excellence, gain knowledge and acquire skills to achieve their goals Delhi College of Arts & Commerce, premier higher educational institution, imparts holistic professional and vocational education.
Address: Netaji Nagar, New Delhi
- One of the oldest colleges in South Delhi, the Deshbandhu College.
- After grueling twelve years of schooling followed by frantic and hectic schedule leading to your admission to the college/ University system does for a while give you a deservedly pleasant feeling of sense of achievement.
- From school to college is a significant shift which calls for a sincere and conscious effort on your part to acclimatize to the new environment.
Address: Kalkaji, New Delhi
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College
- Universities had traditionally been the centers of liberal education which only aimed at developing human intellect and were meant for a select few.
- In today’s world, the requirement of society has changed drastically, and liberal education alone is unable to fulfill the needs of employment of millions of youngsters.
- The DDUC fraternity has always viewed education as a holistic learning experience where students develop into well-rounded personalities, rather than just objects of wisdom.
- We help each student in developing those attributes and qualities of heart, head and hand which will make them an intellectually sound and self reliant citizen who are socially aware and humanistic, having belief in the concept of brotherhood and peace ; persons ready to work so that they become an agent of change for building a more socially just and equitable society.
Address: Karam Pura, New Delhi
Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College
- Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College was established in 1973.
- Objective of the institution is to impart education to young evolving minds and inculcate in them a spirit of devotion and professionalism.
- Students here are encouraged to think, imagine, analyse, assess and express themselves through various activities such as interaction, dialogue, creative writing, playing, acting etc.
- All assistance, be it technical, infrastructural, informational, motivational or guidance, is provided to students to make them strive to excel in the area of their choice.
Address: Dev Nagar, Karol Bagh, New Delhi
Year Founded: 1973
Hans Raj College
- Hans Raj College, New Delhi was established in 1954.
- It is a constituent college of the University of Delhi and a premier institution of the DAV Managing Committee-the largest non-government educational organization of the country.
- The college offered preparatory courses in Arts and Sciences, BA in Sanskrit, Hindi, English and Mathematics.
Address: University of Delhi, Mahatma Hans Raj Marg, Delhi
Year Founded: 1954
- Hindu College is recognized as one of the premier academic institutions in the country.
- It stands tall in public esteem and also in the memories of its alumni, many of whom are now prominent figures in government, business and industry, the media and education.
- Notwithstanding its name, students from all religions have grown up here and excelled in the chosen areas of their interests, be it academics, sports, or extra-curricular activities.
- Hindu College was a centre for intellectual and political debate during India’s freedom struggle, especially during the Quit India Movement.
Address: University Enclave, Delhi
Year Founded: 1899
Indraprastha College For Women
- Indraprastha College for Women is the oldest women’s college of the University of Delhi and was founded in 1924 as a part of the nation-wide campaign for women’s education and empowerment.
- This prestigious College has an enrolment of over 2670 students and offers a wide range of courses and activities.
- The College ranks in the top ten Arts colleges of the city and the top twenty in the country.
Address: Sham Nath Marg, Delhi
Year Founded: 1924
Janki Devi Memorial College
- Janki Devi Memorial College, one of the prestigious colleges of Delhi University is located in central Delhi, about 5 kms. from Connaught Place and a few steps away from Karol Bagh Metro Station.
- The college was founded in 1959 by the famous Gandhian Shri Brij Krishan Chandiwala in memory of his mother Smt. Janki Devi in order to promote women’s education.
- In recognition of the changing global scenario the college has changed its priorities and perspectives which is amply reflected in the syllabi and curricula.
- The college essentially caters to students of Humanities and Commerce streams.
Address: Sir Ganga Ram Hospital Marg, New Delhi
Year Founded: 1959
Jesus and Mary College
- Jesus and Mary College was founded in July 1968 as a constituent college of the University of Delhi.
- The College opened with one department offering English (Hons) and B.A.(Pass) Courses with an enrolment of 116 students.
- The aim of Jesus and Mary College is to make God known and loved by means of Christian education to all social milieu in keeping with the preference which St. Claudine had for the young and the poor.
- The College offers an integrated and all round education-intellectual, cultural, social, emotional, physical, aesthetic, moral and spiritual.
Address: Chanakyapuri, New Delhi
Year Founded: 1968
- Kalindi College has come a long way since its inception and is now seen as a destination where students can embrace their future with hope and confidence.
- Years of hard work put in by all stakeholders show us the way forward.
- Established in 1967 as a constituent college of University of Delhi, Kalindi College strives to cater to higher education to young women with a vision of a new, fulfilling future for all.
- A nourishing environment supported by a combination of competent infrastructure and a dedicated teaching faculty helps our students to achieve the highest accolades in Academics, Sports and other Extra-Curricular Activities.
Address: East Patel Nagar, New Delhi-110 008
Year Founded: 1967
Kamla Nehru College
- Kamala Nehru College celebrate the spirit of womanhood in terms of making them conscious of their true strength and abilities through an education system that amalgamates academic excellence as well as self-discovery by involvement in various extra-curricular activities.
- In the legacy of our national movement that envisaged strong, responsible and dignified women like Smt. Kamala Nehru, the college continues to carry forward her spirit not only in name but in true sense by striving to impart value education and empowerment to young women so that they can create a niche for themselves in all areas of life.
Address: Khel Gaon Marg, New Delhi
Year Founded: 1964
Kirori Mal College
- Kirori Mal College, an institution of academic excellence, established in 1954, that has always strived to, and successfully maintained its place as one of the finest within the University of Delhi.
- We at Kirori Mal believe in providing for our students an environment rich in knowledge and supportive of their extracurricular interests.
- The college encourages a quest for knowledge that is rooted in an ethical understanding of the world that we inhabit and this enthusiasm for learning along with a desire to evolve into socially responsible beings is reflected not only in the academic atmosphere but also visible in the field of extra-curricular activity.
Address: University Of Delhi, North Campus, Delhi
Year Founded: 1954
Lady Irwin College
- Lady Irwin College is a constituent college for women, in University of Delhi, under the memorandum of Association of The Lady Irwin College Society vide Regd.
- It also supports doctoral programs in five areas of Home Science.
Address: Sikandara Road, New Delhi
Lady Shri Ram College for Women
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women (LSR), New Delhi was established in 1956 and has long been recognized as a premier institution of higher learning for women in India.
- As a centre for academic excellence and achievement, the college is today one of the finest institutions for Social Sciences, Humanities and Commerce, while also offering a B.Sc. program in statistics.
- The aim of the institution was to provide access to higher education of quality to women.
Address: Lajpat Nagar – IV, New Delhi
Year Founded: 1956
Maharaja Agrasen College
- Maharaja Agrasen College is a learning community where students, teachers and staff collectively develop their intellectual and social capabilities.
- We believe that the path to individual and collective success lies in accepting challenges as opportunities for growth.
- Our institution inculcates the values of hard work and diligence amongst its students and staff enabling them to overcome obstacles in the journey of their future lives with dignity and poise.
- We aim at nothing less than the best and devote all our resources towards that end.
Address: Pocket-IV, Phase-I, Mayur Vihar, Delhi
- Miranda House, residential college for women, is one of the premier Women’s Institutions of Delhi University.
- It was founded in 1948 by the then Vice-Chancellor Sir Maurice Gwyer; its foundation stone was laid by Lady Edwina Mountbatten on March 7 in the same year.
- Located on the University campus, Miranda House is built in warm red brick with cool and spacious verandahs.
- Its original design was by the renowned architect Walter George, the college shares an architectural affinity with other colonial educational institutions of the country.
Address: Patel Chest Marg, Delhi
Year Founded: 1948
Mata Sundri College For Women
- Mata Sundri College For Women is a constituent college of the University of Delhi.
- It was established by Delhi Sikhs Gurudwara Management committee in the year 1967.
- The college is named after Mata Sundri ji, the consort of tenth Guru, Gobind Singh Ji.
- The college made a modest beginning in 1967 with only 415 students and 14 staff members.
- Now it has come up as a leading institutions of Delhi University.
Address: Mata Sundri Lane, New Delhi
Year Founded: www.ms.du.ac.in
Moti Lal Nehru College
- Motilal Nehru College is one of the largest constituent colleges of Delhi University.
- The college boasts of a sprawling campus, huge library, technologically enabled conference room, spacious lecture theatres and excellent sports facilities.
- The entire campus is Wi-fi enabled and all students can have free uninterrupted access to internet connectivity.
Address: Benito Juarez Road, New Delhi
- Rajdhani College is a constituent college of the University of Delhi.
- It was established in 1964 by the Delhi Administration in Kirti Nagar, New Delhi under the name of Government College.
- The college acquired its new name when the Delhi administration vested its governance in an autonomous Governing Body.
Address: Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Raja Garden, Ring Road, New Delhi
Year Founded: 1964
Arts College Name
|Ramjas College||University Enclave, Delhi-110007, India||www.ramjascollege.edu|
|Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women||Jhilmil Colony, Vivek Vihar, Delhi-110095||www.rajgurucollege.com|
|Satyawati College||Ashok Vihar Phase-III, Delhi||www.satyawati.du.ac.in|
|Satyawati Evening College||Ashok Vihar, Phase – III, Delhi – 110052||www.satyawati.du.ac.in|
|School of Open Learning(Delhi University)||Campus of Open Learning, 5, Cavalry Lane, University of Delhi, Delhi – 110007||www.sol.du.ac.in|
|Shaheed Bhagat Singh College||Sheikh Sarai, Phase-II, New Delhi-110017||www.sbsc.in|
|Shaheed Bhagat Singh College (Evening)||Sheikh Sarai, Phase-II, New Delhi-110017||www.sbsec.org|
|Shivaji College||Ring Road, Raja Garden, New Delhi-110027||www.shivajicollege.ac.in|
|Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC)||University of Delhi North Campus, Maurice Nagar, Delhi – 110 007||www.srcc.edu|
|Shyam Lal College (SLC)||G.T.Road, Shahdara, Delhi-110032||www.shyamlal.du.ac.in|
|Shyam Lal College (SLC) (Evening)||G.T.Road, Shahdara, Delhi-110032||www.shyamlal.du.ac.in|
|Shyama Prasad Mukherji College||Punjabi Bagh (West), Road No. 57, New Delhi-110026||www.spmcollegedu.com|
|Sri Aurobindo College||Malviya Nagar, New Delhi-110017||www.aurobindoe.du.ac.in|
|Sri Aurobindo College (Evening)||Malviya Nagar, New Delhi-110017||www.aurobindoe.du.ac.in|
|Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce||Pitampura, Near T.V. Tower, Delhi-110088||www.sggscc.ac.in|
|Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College||Guru Tegh Bahadur Marg, Delhi-110 007||www.sgtbkhalsadu.ac.in|
|Sri Venkateswara College||Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi-110021||www.svcollege.net|
|St. Stephen’s College||University Enclave, Delhi-110 007||www.ststephens.edu|
|Swami Shraddhanand College||Alipur Village, Delhi-110036||www.ssncollege.com|
|Vivekanand College||Vivek Vihar, Delhi-110032||www.vivekanandacollege.edu.in|
|Zakir Hussain College||Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110 001||www.zakirhusaincollege.in|
|Zakir Hussain College (Evening)||Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110 001||www.zhe.du.ac.in|