List of Agriculture Colleges/Institutes in Delhi
Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI)
- The journey of Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), popularly known as Pusa Institute, began in 1905 at Pusa (Bihar)
- The institute was then known as Agricultural Research Institute (ARI) which functioned with five departments, namely Agriculture, Cattle Breeding, Chemistry, Economic Botany and Mycology. Bacteriology unit was added in 1907.
- The name of ARI was changed to Imperial Institute of Agricultural Research in 1911 and, in 1919 it was renamed as Imperial Agricultural Research Institute.
Address: New Delhi
Year Founded: 1905
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
- The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is an autonomous organisation under the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India.
- Formerly known as Imperial Council of Agricultural Research, it was established on 16 July 1929 as a registered society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 in pursuance of the report of the Royal Commission on Agriculture.
- The ICAR has its headquarters at New Delhi.
- The Council is the apex body for co-ordinating, guiding and managing research and education in agriculture including horticulture, fisheries and animal sciences in the entire country.
- With 100 ICAR institutes and 70 agricultural universities spread across the country this is one of the largest national agricultural systems in the world.
- ICAR Norman Borlaug Award 2014
- ICAR Challenge Award 2014
- Sardar Patel Outstanding ICAR Institution Award 2014
- Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2014
- Panjabrao Deshmukh Outstanding Woman Scientist Award 2014
Address: Krishi Bhavan, New Delhi
Year Founded: 1929
National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources (NBPGR)
- The need for establishment of an organization to undertake activities of plant introduction and germplasm augmentation for use in crop improvement was felt as early as 1935 by the ‘Crops and Soil Wing’ of the then ‘Board of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry’.
- The unit was further expanded and strengthened as ‘Plant Introduction and Exploration Organization’ in the Botany Division in 1956, and later developed as a separate ‘Division of Plant Introduction’ in IARI in 1961.
- Subsequently, on the recommendations of the ‘High Level Committee’ constituted by the Government of India in 1970, the ‘Division of Plant Introduction’ was upgraded to an independent institute ‘National Bureau of Plant Introduction’ in August 1976 which was rechristened as ‘National Bureau of Plant Genetic Resources’ (NBPGR) in January 1977.
Address: Pusa, New Delhi
Indira Gandhi National Open University, School of Agriculture
- The School of Agriculture (SOA), established in January 2005 at IGNOU, strives for a flagship role in turning the rural unemployed youth to first rate agricultural entrepreneurs and agri-business managers of tomorrow.
- The impact of agricultural education through distance mode will soon be discernible in development of new breeds of entrepreneurs, increased employment opportunities, higher earnings and better work environment.
- This will help ensure poverty alleviation and livelihood security and sustainable productivity to change the quality of life, especially rural areas.
- SOA has been focusing on academic and extension activities in agriculture at the national and international level with the following mission, vision and objectives:
Address: Zakir Hussain Bhawan, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi New Delhi
Year Founded: 2005
Amity Institute of Organic Agriculture
- Amity Institute of Organic Agriculture (AIOA), Noida was established in 2005.
- It is an unique institute, the first of its kind in the country and among the few in the world.
- Visualizing the need for sustainable food security and food safety management systems, the institute consistently has set standards for excellence towards human resource development in long term sustainable agricultural technologies manifested in the most viable option of organic agriculture in contrast with the chemical intensive conventional agriculture integrated and strongly supported with a comprehensive and multifaceted management focused education.
- Computer Centre
- Medical Facilities
Address: Sector-125 , Express Highway, Noida
Year Founded: 2005
Institute of Agribusiness Management
- Institute of Agribusiness Management is affiliated to Integral University
- The institute focuses on corporate networking and facilitating placement opportunities to students.
- It is associated with various distinguished professional and industrial bodies from a cross section and top agribusiness companies as partners in course design and implementation.
Amity School of Natural Resources and Sustainable Development
- Our vision is to improve the well being of human kind by applying scientific research and education to the Development, Conservation and Sustainable use of Natural resources.
- Our goal is to make substantive, measurable impact on economic growth and social development in the East and South Asia, and conservation of its natural resources and environment.
- Our research, teaching and out reach programme shall be our strength.
- We shall interact closely with national, regional and international organizations and institutions.
- The designed course curriculum shall enable the students to integrate ecological conservation with economic development and growth.
Address: 2nd Floor, Sector-125, Gautam Buddha Nagar Noida
Kisan Post Graduate College
- Kisan Post Graduate College is affiliated to Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut and recognized by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- The College offers Bachelor of Arts, BSc (Maths Group), BSc (Bio Group), BSc in Agriculture, Master of Science in Botany, Master of Science in Chemistry and Master of Science in Agronomy courses.
Year Founded: 1956